Hobbyist Forums banner
41 - 60 of 873 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Chuck_P.R. said:
Thank you and I apologize for bugging you with the email. I never expected you to respond so quickly.

So the 39" Seaview is definitely a go? The license agreements are signed and we won't have to wait or worry about other kits in the pipeline slowing down the Seaview's release this year?

(kinda bugged me that stuff like the Scorpion slowed down the release of say, PL's Trek Refit)

Any other Irwin Allen releases planned, like a retooled Flying Sub?
Thanks Chuck, I try not to let stuff sit too long. The Seaview is the first thing on our new slate, we had been waiting on licensing to come through on this before we started anything else new. Nothing will slow it down as far as other kits, but we do have our work cut out for us.

Other Irwin Allen is planned, but we're trying to keep it under wraps. I stated in a previous post you will see new (no reissue!) kits from all 4 shows we signed licensing for. Yes, that does mean a Time Tunnel kit! This year I can pretty safely state it will just be the Seaview, as it will be a time consuming project. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
fluke said:
All I can say is WOW! COOL! FAR OUT and just plain NIFTY!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! :) :thumbsup:

Will the Seaview have a 'control room'????

We all must keep in mind that licensing issues/politics can be a drag and very costly :rolleyes:
The licensing isn't a fun part of it, but Synthesis was great to deal with once we got our schedules straight! The Seaview will have a detailed interior. Hopefully I will have more info to give you within a few months as to how much detail. Thanks!

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Hi and welcome!

An MSRP of 99.95 for a 39" Seaview? Sounds like a deal to me! So...any guesstimate on a release date? I'm looking for a project to get back into building again and this sounds like it might fit the bill :thumbsup:.

Thanks,
'Frets

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
xsavoie said:
That's the way to do it Moebius,one kit at a time.Of course,the scale of your SEAVIEW is incredible.Wouldn't be surprised it sold well.But to tell you the truth I expected that if the SEAVIEW was issued by anyone,it would be the same scale as the Monsters In Motion Seaview.24 to 28 inches long I think.Can we expect such a scale release of the SEAVIEW from you as well.If so,what would be the price of such a kit,approximately.Of course,once again the MOONBUS from Monsters In Motion would be an excellent kit to release.Just have to reverse engineer the Moonbus.As far as releasing other Aurora kits,maybe a few of them,but I do believe that new sculpts of figures would be great.It's important to keep the Aurora spirit even more than releasing former Aurora kits.I do believe that the Gold Knight Of Nice on Horse would be an excellent idea,with an optional improved head.The Apache on horse and Confederate Raider would also be great,because they would also appeal to many military figure collectors as well.
I would love to think the Raider or Apache would sell well enough to be done. I have thought about them, but I haven't really given them the thought they deserve. Moonbus would be great, I'd love to do more from the film, but again, licensing would be a consideration. We'll see! The Monsters in Motion Seaview is a great kit, but I'd like to see something bigger and in plastic. Hopefully this one will make most of you happy. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
frankenstyrene said:
Hello Frank,

Thanks for all your work so far, and being on the Hyde pre-order list I too will support you as much as I can in future.

My question: Do you see certain of the Aurora Wildlife kits (or similar ones from other companies, or new versions) ever being worth the effort to do?

Thanks again, much!
I built plenty of them as a kid, and I would like to think they could be done, but from a strictly business standpoint I don't think they'd sell enough. I hate to say no on anything, but we'll just have to wait and see on that one. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
flyingfrets said:
Hi and welcome!

An MSRP of 99.95 for a 39" Seaview? Sounds like a deal to me! So...any guesstimate on a release date? I'm looking for a project to get back into building again and this sounds like it might fit the bill :thumbsup:.

Thanks,
'Frets
Thanks, we're trying to keep it as reasonable as we can. I would think it will be late this year if all runs on schedule. Hard to put a close estimate on it, as so many things can happen in between! As soon as we can be near, I'll post it on the website. For now, it's officially 4th Quarter 2007.

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
In reading this entire thread so far, I can't help but remember a line from one of my favorite films, Kelly's Heroes, "Crazy! I mean like so many positive waves maybe we can't lose! You're on!"
This is FANTASTIC! Somebody make a cape for our new hero!!!!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Moebius said:
The Monsters in Motion Seaview is a great kit, but I'd like to see something bigger and in plastic. Hopefully this one will make most of you happy. Thanks.
For those who want a 24" to 28" kit, they already exist. Buy away.

Please stick with the 39" version! While there might be a big cost difference for someone doing a 28" vs a 39" Garage Kit master in RTV rubber for 40 or so pulls,

since the cost of cutting into a half-ton block of solid alluminum to make molds for a 39" version is virtually no different then a 28" version I'd vote for the 39" version!

No point in spending an extra half a million bucks for two more sets of molds that water down the market and compete with yourself and confuse the customer!

One well done 39" version will be very well appreciated and enough to satisfy me! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Well I too am glad that someone has taken it upon themselves to try and fill the void left by Polar Lights, for a while it was exciting to be a "plastic" modeler again and I am thrilled with the idea for the Seaview, not that I don't appreciate what PL did, but I certainly can't wait to own two, three, five of them to play with (light, ect....) AND a John Robinson in the jet pack would be a WAY COOL addition to the Lost In Space group, of course a nice chariot or pod would be as well!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Wow, all those Seaview fans must be drooling! This does sound great! I look forward to seeing some build-ups (I myself won't have room for such a big model, but hey, that's just me).

Brad.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Seaview said:
In reading this entire thread so far, I can't help but remember a line from one of my favorite films, Kelly's Heroes, "Crazy! I mean like so many positive waves maybe we can't lose! You're on!"
This is FANTASTIC! Somebody make a cape for our new hero!!!!
Thanks! Kelly's Heroes, huh? Maybe there is a way to do a Harry Dean Stanton kit.... I love that movie!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Chuck_P.R. said:
For those who want a 24" to 28" kit, they already exist. Buy away.

Please stick with the 39" version! While there might be a big cost difference for someone doing a 28" vs a 39" Garage Kit master in RTV rubber for 40 or so pulls,

since the cost of cutting into a half-ton block of solid alluminum to make molds for a 39" version is virtually no different then a 28" version I'd vote for the 39" version!

No point in spending an extra half a million bucks for two more sets of molds that water down the market and compete with yourself and confuse the customer!

One well done 39" version will be very well appreciated and enough to satisfy me! :thumbsup:
No change in plans, the 39 inch is pretty set in stone. That is one reason, with costs involved, it really does make no sense to go smaller. It is an expensive project to say the least!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Chuck_P.R. said:
How are you creating your master?

CGI created parts?
The master involved a lot of research, and will be hand built. No cgi created parts, it's all from blueprints and research pics.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
dgtrekker said:
Well I too am glad that someone has taken it upon themselves to try and fill the void left by Polar Lights, for a while it was exciting to be a "plastic" modeler again and I am thrilled with the idea for the Seaview, not that I don't appreciate what PL did, but I certainly can't wait to own two, three, five of them to play with (light, ect....) AND a John Robinson in the jet pack would be a WAY COOL addition to the Lost In Space group, of course a nice chariot or pod would be as well!
Chariot and pod are pretty overlooked in my opinion, so.... I can't really say much more on them. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Dr. Brad said:
Wow, all those Seaview fans must be drooling! This does sound great! I look forward to seeing some build-ups (I myself won't have room for such a big model, but hey, that's just me).

Brad.
I understand, it's definitely not a kit for everyone's shelf. When you think 39 inches, you have to remember too that the nose section is about 10 inches wide. It will take up some space!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
In response to Jekyll questions, here are a couple of shots. Top picture shows the detail added to the leg sections. Front and rear have been made into halves, instead of the clumsy quartered legs. Pegs have been added to make the legs fit better in the torso. Bottom picture shows some of the clear parts, along with some replacement name plates Tom Parker will be selling. Click to enlarge of course!

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Very curious...what kind of an initial run are you talking about for your kits? I know your Captain Actions are said to be limited to 1000. How about Jekyll? Rommels Rod? Thanks again for all of your info. You brought this board back to life today!

41 - 60 of 873 Posts