Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 40 of 873 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Zorro said:
Any chance of a Harry Dean Stanton model? I had to ask.
I hate to say no to anything, but as far as plastic is concerned I think I can safely say no. He's had some great parts in some great films, but I'm not sure there would be enough interest to make it work. Thanks for the question though!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hunch said:
Hello Frank, and great choices for first releases. My question would be... will you be doing more monsters in the Aurora scale with matching long boxes (and square?), like things that Aurora did not get around to? Ygor, The Fly, Invisible Man, Metaluna Mutant and so on.
Thanks and great job,
Jim and Judy's Horror Models
Thanks! I'm not sure on that. I had wanted to do the original monsters all at the same time, but I couldn't work anything out on them. I was a little disappointed, but you can't have everything! It's definitely an idea, but it hasn't been more than that so far.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
DR. PRETORIOUS said:
Hi Uncle Frank,

1. Any idea of what the Seaview will cost to purchase.

2. What other Irwin Allen kits might we expect.
MSRP on the Seaview will be $99.95.

As far as other Irwin Allen, I can't be real specific right now other than to say there will be all new kits, no reissues. All four shows, VTTBOTS, LIS, LOG and Time Tunnel will be represented!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pardon me for being stupid and asking a dumb question. But are you the maker or inventor of Aurora kits? Sorry, new to the hobby don't know any better.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
miniature sun said:
I think my biggest Aurora "wants" are the Man From Uncle kits but I'd also love to see some originals like The Fly, Invisible Man, Metaluna Mutant, Gort and some more comic characters.
I loved the Aurora comic characters myself, so I have been working on it. Too early to say anything though, sorry. On the "new" monsters, we thought of them but didn't do any work further. You never know what will happen there! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Dragon Elf said:
Pardon me for being stupid and asking a dumb question. But are you the maker or inventor of Aurora kits? Sorry, new to the hobby don't know any better.
I am neither. Just a new company that is following in their footsteps trying to provide monster/tv/movie/scifi kits to the fans. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Dragon Elf said:
Great! Works for me. Got any Medusa kits in the works?
Nothing for Medusa in the works, but we have thought about some of the stop-motion characters. Never know what will happen in this business!

·
Curmudgeon
6,631 Posts
Hi Frank!

First, I'd like to thank you for picking up where Polar Lights left off, and wish you all the success you can handle with this venture. Like many modelers on this forum and others, I'm really looking forward to seeing what Moebius will offer in the future.

Will Moebius' kits only be available through distributors/retailers, or will they be sold through your website as well? Or is it too soon to make that determination?

Good wishes! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Zombie_61 said:
Hi Frank!

First, I'd like to thank you for picking up where Polar Lights left off, and wish you all the success you can handle with this venture. Like many modelers on this forum and others, I'm really looking forward to seeing what Moebius will offer in the future.

Will Moebius' kits only be available through distributors/retailers, or will they be sold through your website as well? Or is it too soon to make that determination?

Good wishes! :thumbsup:
Thanks! I've always been one of those guys that compained when some manufacturer was selling the same thing as me, at a better price. I can say that the Moebius site will not sell any discounted kits, or regular edition kits. There will be some special edition kits like the Captain Action that we will sell. The sales will actually go through Doll & Hobby, even though D&H no longer sells kits.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Moebius said:
Hope you pardon the intrusion! I rarely ever participate in forums as I've always felt it's a place for fans, not business. Most of you probably know me as Frank from Doll & Hobby, and that's how I still usually refer to myself. I'll get used to the whole Moebius thing sooner or later! But for now, I'd like to offer to answer any questions I can without you having to e-mail me.

I know there have been posts about the company and the kits we have planned, and I felt it was time to put rumors to rest and give you the info straight from the horses mouth.

Any questions you have, please post here and I will answer anything I can. I'm not on here constantly, usually just once or twice a day, so don't think I'm ignoring you if I don't answer immediately. Some things of course I can't answer if it hasn't been finalized yet, but fire away!
Thank you and I apologize for bugging you with the email. I never expected you to respond so quickly.

So the 39" Seaview is definitely a go? The license agreements are signed and we won't have to wait or worry about other kits in the pipeline slowing down the Seaview's release this year?

(kinda bugged me that stuff like the Scorpion slowed down the release of say, PL's Trek Refit)

Any other Irwin Allen releases planned, like a retooled Flying Sub?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hi Frank,

I was one of the people who responded to your request for Rommel's Rod scale preference. Reading that Tom is taking a hand in adding details and more parts to the kit make s me even more anxious for this kit's release, but also makes it a little easier to bare the delay.

Since you're not adverse to fantastic vehicles, what's the possibility of seeing either the Voyager from the animated Fantastic Voyage, the Proteus, or Chitty Chitty Bang Bang being reissued...possibly with more detail?

Steve

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Hi, Frank.

Congratulations with your new company! A very long-time and satisfied customer of D&H.

My question about the new Seaview kit is in regards to whether it will come with a detailed interior, visible through the nose - and any options for the movie/first season version?

I'm greatly looking forward to this kit - and any others along the same line (Flying Sub, Spindrift, etc.) that you may have plans to release. I know that I will be buying more than one of each.

Is there any chance of you whetting our appetites with develpment photos and such on your website as the planned releases get further on?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Heck, I'd be willing to bet a few people would buy the Voyager from the animated Fantastic Voyage & Proteus exactly as they were originally released.

Do you have access/ownership of those original molds, or just permission to make your own new ones?

Either way, with scanning and 3D technology what it is today, it wouldn't be anywhere near as difficult to recreate them as it once would have been...

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Moebius said:
MSRP on the Seaview will be $99.95.

As far as other Irwin Allen, I can't be real specific right now other than to say there will be all new kits, no reissues. All four shows, VTTBOTS, LIS, LOG and Time Tunnel will be represented!
Very reasonable for a ship that size.
Looking forward to buying at least a couple.
(after wanting one about this size for this long you can never be too careful and buy just one at $100).

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
All I can say is WOW! COOL! FAR OUT and just plain NIFTY!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! :) :thumbsup:

Will the Seaview have a 'control room'????

We all must keep in mind that licensing issues/politics can be a drag and very costly :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
That's the way to do it Moebius,one kit at a time.Of course,the scale of your SEAVIEW is incredible.Wouldn't be surprised it sold well.But to tell you the truth I expected that if the SEAVIEW was issued by anyone,it would be the same scale as the Monsters In Motion Seaview.24 to 28 inches long I think.Can we expect such a scale release of the SEAVIEW from you as well.If so,what would be the price of such a kit,approximately.Of course,once again the MOONBUS from Monsters In Motion would be an excellent kit to release.Just have to reverse engineer the Moonbus.As far as releasing other Aurora kits,maybe a few of them,but I do believe that new sculpts of figures would be great.It's important to keep the Aurora spirit even more than releasing former Aurora kits.I do believe that the Gold Knight Of Nice on Horse would be an excellent idea,with an optional improved head.The Apache on horse and Confederate Raider would also be great,because they would also appeal to many military figure collectors as well.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Hello Frank,

Thanks for all your work so far, and being on the Hyde pre-order list I too will support you as much as I can in future.

My question: Do you see certain of the Aurora Wildlife kits (or similar ones from other companies, or new versions) ever being worth the effort to do?

Thanks again, much!

21 - 40 of 873 Posts