Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 873 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you pardon the intrusion! I rarely ever participate in forums as I've always felt it's a place for fans, not business. Most of you probably know me as Frank from Doll & Hobby, and that's how I still usually refer to myself. I'll get used to the whole Moebius thing sooner or later! But for now, I'd like to offer to answer any questions I can without you having to e-mail me.

I know there have been posts about the company and the kits we have planned, and I felt it was time to put rumors to rest and give you the info straight from the horses mouth.

Any questions you have, please post here and I will answer anything I can. I'm not on here constantly, usually just once or twice a day, so don't think I'm ignoring you if I don't answer immediately. Some things of course I can't answer if it hasn't been finalized yet, but fire away!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
First off.... Is this a Dream? My Guess is no because I'm not sandwiched between the Williams sisters while reading this

Second - Will I be admiring my knew Jekyll & Hyde kits before 4/1?

Third - Are there long term plans at work or is this one kit at a time?

Fourth - Might there be a chance of Seeing Aurora's Bloodthirsty Pirates?

Fifth - Can I call you Uncle Frank?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Welcome!

Most folks here are absolutely and completely delighted to hear of the great kits you have planned. Would you have some advance pictures to hold us over until we can actually purchase the kits in stores and on-line?

Huzz

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Boy is this thread ever gonna get SLAMMED!
Since we are asking questions....do you have any intentions of doing some FIGURES with the Irwin Allen license? I would LOVE to see some figures that have not been done in styrene of the Lost In Space series. As I told you before....put me down for a case of EVERYTHING! As someone mentioned in another thread....you are our new hero!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Frank, First I'd like to say that you always impressed me with your fantastic business ethics at Doll and Hobby.You had great kits at great prices and top notch service.I'd like to give you a big thank you for the Mr. Hyde reissue and the new Seaview. The thought of a big Seaview blows me away! Do You have any plans to reissue any other Aurora kits like the knights, blackbeard or gladiators? Perhaps a Big Frankie someday?..Thanks, and best of luck in your endeavors...Otto

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jimmy B said:
First off.... Is this a Dream? My Guess is no because I'm not sandwiched between the Williams sisters while reading this

Second - Will I be admiring my knew Jekyll & Hyde kits before 4/1?

Third - Are there long term plans at work or is this one kit at a time?

Fourth - Can I call you Uncle Frank?
First - It's always been my dream, but it appears it's really happening!

Second - Jekyll has had a slight glitch. Between the Chinese New Year delay, and a twofold problem with the clear parts, it's been slightly delayed. The clear wasn't clear enough, and when it was, the part numbers were on the insides of the pieces. It should be in mid April, I'm going to try to have some in before Chiller so anyone there should be able to see it.

Third - There are long term plans, but 2007 will be a slow year.

Fourth - Haven't heard that in a while! I had a guy do an add for me in Modeler's Resource that called me that, and I heard it for quite some time!

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Moebius,
WELCOME and thank you for coming to this forum, and thank you for helping realize a dream for many of us, an appreciably large 39" Seaview kit, which we assume will be the 4-window version because of the inclusion of the Flying Sub. Will it be injection-molded or resin & vaccuform, like the Lunar models version?
Also, I have wanted (since 1968, to be precise) a studio-scale Spindrift (40"+/-) with interior and sliding door; is there any chance such a dream will see reality? :cool:
Many thanks again, and once more, welcome! :wave:

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
:wave: :wave: Oh Uncle Frank,? ...Uncle Frank !?... Over here !... Just one Q., where the heck did the name "Moebius" come from ?? :confused:

Dabbler

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome! So far, I want every kit announced by Moebius and am ready to buy whenever they become available. Before I get to my questions, I have a plea:

Please stick to styrene as much as possible. There's no shortage of new, resin kits out there for the people who want them, but I'm not one of them. I feel there is room for both.

Now for the questions and can be answered as general as you want to.

Are there plans for more showrods, especially the Tom Daniel's collection that *need* to be reissued but haven't?

Are there plans for more Aurora figures that were never reissued by PL or anyone else?

Are there plans for eventually doing new sculpts based on monsters or other figures like pirates or knights, or (as I'd like) DC superheroes/villians?

Thank you, and quite frankly (no pun intended), if it's a styrene figure or showrod model kit, I'll buy at least one of each.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hello Frank, and great choices for first releases. My question would be... will you be doing more monsters in the Aurora scale with matching long boxes (and square?), like things that Aurora did not get around to? Ygor, The Fly, Invisible Man, Metaluna Mutant and so on.
Thanks and great job,
Jim and Judy's Horror Models

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dave Hussey said:
Welcome!

Most folks here are absolutely and completely delighted to hear of the great kits you have planned. Would you have some advance pictures to hold us over until we can actually purchase the kits in stores and on-line?

Huzz
Thanks! I will post something as soon as I have it. For the Jekyll, Tom Parker has one that he has photographed. I'll ask him to post some pics. I'm all out of test shots at this time, and I never got any good pics.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Duck Fink said:
Boy is this thread ever gonna get SLAMMED!
Since we are asking questions....do you have any intentions of doing some FIGURES with the Irwin Allen license? I would LOVE to see some figures that have not been done in styrene of the Lost In Space series. As I told you before....put me down for a case of EVERYTHING! As someone mentioned in another thread....you are our new hero!
We have thought about figures for LIS, but that wouldn't happen until at least 2008. One of my favorite images from the show was John Robinson in the jet pack. I think it would make a cool kit....

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
otto said:
Frank, First I'd like to say that you always impressed me with your fantastic business ethics at Doll and Hobby.You had great kits at great prices and top notch service.I'd like to give you a big thank you for the Mr. Hyde reissue and the new Seaview. The thought of a big Seaview blows me away! Do You have any plans to reissue any other Aurora kits like the knights, blackbeard or gladiators? Perhaps a Big Frankie someday?..Thanks, and best of luck in your endeavors...Otto
Otto, thanks for the nice words on D&H. We tried to do everything as we would have liked it done to us. It was fun while it lasted! I'm glad that I was fortunate enough to have the resources to do these kits, and be working on more that should be fun for everyone. Not sure what to think on the knights/pirates/gladiators. If there was enough interest, it would be possible. I'm pretty intrigued by the Green Knight. Big Frankie? That has been the number one request so far. At D&H we sold the Japanese vinyl versions at the end, and I couldn't believe how popular it was. I can say for a fact it won't be out this year, but there is always 2008. I won't give a definite yes, but we have of course thought about it!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seaview said:
Moebius,
WELCOME and thank you for coming to this forum, and thank you for helping realize a dream for many of us, an appreciably large 39" Seaview kit, which we assume will be the 4-window version because of the inclusion of the Flying Sub. Will it be injection-molded or resin & vaccuform, like the Lunar models version?
Also, I have wanted (since 1968, to be precise) a studio-scale Spindrift (40"+/-) with interior and sliding door; is there any chance such a dream will see reality? :cool:
Many thanks again, and once more, welcome! :wave:
Thanks! The Seaview will be all styrene. You are correct on the 4 window/Flying Sub assumption. A Spindrift that size would be very cool, but I can honestly say the tooling costs would never let it happen. Not to say that a larger more accurate version isn't in our heads for 2008!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the Dabbler said:
:wave: :wave: Oh Uncle Frank,? ...Uncle Frank !?... Over here !... Just one Q., where the heck did the name "Moebius" come from ?? :confused:

Dabbler
My original name was shot down by the Trademark and Patent Office. Initially we were going after something similar to Aurora or Polar Lights. I thought Halo Models would be cool. They felt that with the Microsoft Trademark for Halo that it fell too close. Now of course I was free to fight Microsoft on it.... So we went with Moebius. Always fascinated with the Moebius strip, and of course the name of one of my favorite artists, so it was Moebius.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I think my biggest Aurora "wants" are the Man From Uncle kits but I'd also love to see some originals like The Fly, Invisible Man, Metaluna Mutant, Gort and some more comic characters.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ravenauthor said:
Welcome! So far, I want every kit announced by Moebius and am ready to buy whenever they become available. Before I get to my questions, I have a plea:

Please stick to styrene as much as possible. There's no shortage of new, resin kits out there for the people who want them, but I'm not one of them. I feel there is room for both.

Now for the questions and can be answered as general as you want to.

Are there plans for more showrods, especially the Tom Daniel's collection that *need* to be reissued but haven't?

Are there plans for more Aurora figures that were never reissued by PL or anyone else?

Are there plans for eventually doing new sculpts based on monsters or other figures like pirates or knights, or (as I'd like) DC superheroes/villians?

Thank you, and quite frankly (no pun intended), if it's a styrene figure or showrod model kit, I'll buy at least one of each.
Thanks! We have talked with Tom about a few different kits. Tom has wanted to add detail and a few extra parts to Rommel's Rod, so it will be out later than we originally thought. I'm hoping for more!

For more Aurora that was never reissued in the way of figures, I'm not sure. I am working on something right now that would provide a couple more, but it's tough to see what else would sell well enough for the tooling costs. There have been thoughts of more kits like the Captain Action, where we could sell direct, make more of a profit, and not worry about selling many thousands to show a profit. I hate to bypass the retailers on anything though, so some things may just never happen.

Oh, as far as kits go, everything will be styrene with the exception of a few things that may appear in vinyl. No resin thoughts at all.

1 - 20 of 873 Posts