Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit about three Wal Marts yesterday and had a couple of questions.

They had some retro rods, muscle cars, classic gold, and pony power cars. All three Wal Marts had the same two cars from their respective series. Is this just a coincidence or is it like a CARS assortment?

I also found four Gold Series cars. When I went through the checkout the price was the same as the other JL cars. Did RC2 lower the price of the Gold Series cars or did Wal Mart just lower the price either by accident or on purpose?

The cars all three Wal Marts had was:
Muscle Cars: 70 Buick GS, 68 442
Pony Power: 65 Mustang, 69 Javelin
Retro Rod: Torino, 69 Camaro
Classic Gold: Futura, Eldorado Conv.

·
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I got a 65 Buick Riviera GS, 63 Studebaker Avanti, 69 Impala SS Convertible, and 73 Pontiac GTO.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
stupidsquirrels said:
Gold Series is hitting WalMart? I thought they were TRU exclusive.
they were but have popped up at two of 5 walmarts in my area. they wouldn't scan but the cashier determined the price to be $4.24 somehow. the one actually had about 15 of the TRU gold series cars. i was hoping to find a white but had no luck.
they had all from this series. http://www.jlcollector.com/gsr2.html
thanks to wyatt ;)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Sounds like the CARS assortment of the regular releases. I'm not sure whats going on with the Gold Series from TRU. They didn't last long there, wonder why they are being sent to WM. :confused:

·
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stupidsquirrels said:
What the heck? Those were new in what, June or July?
What'd you pay?
Really?, I don't remember them. They cost me the same as the regular JL cars, $3.79 I think.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Yep, the regular one's that you found are from the C.A.R.S. assortment R1 for '07. As far as the Gold series, I'd bet that they got them from RC2 as a close-out of some kind to get them out of the warehouses.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I can't believe TRU didn't buy more of them from RC2, the way they sold. I think one TRU had three sets, the other TRU's maybe 2. That was one series that sold really well even though the price was higher. Now the price is lower than it was at TRU.

·
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all for the information. I don't want to go into the new year with nagging questions.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Pewter02WS6 said:
they were but have popped up at two of 5 walmarts in my area. they wouldn't scan but the cashier determined the price to be $4.24 somehow. the one actually had about 15 of the TRU gold series cars. i was hoping to find a white but had no luck.
they had all from this series. http://www.jlcollector.com/gsr2.html
thanks to wyatt ;)
That`s the same series that hit at the 13 WM`s I went to last saturday night.All pallets with these were dated to not be released until that sunday.Each pallet also had a case of the new 1/24`s on it.I did pick up two extra yellow superbirds at the 1st one I went to.No wl`s in all 26 cases.

·
Registered
723 Posts
the gold series I found wouldnt scan either,but the lady charged me the same as the other cars.,and I got the 67 shelby and the 442 olds in the gold series.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Our local Wal-Mart here had the same cars, in the same sets and from the Gold series the yellow Superbird, bronze 442, Orange AMX, turquiose 67 Charger and dark blue Ford GT. All of them are still on the pegs, with no price listed and they came on the pegs on Christmas Eve. I found the same series in two other Wal-Marts in central Ohio and found another set in Charleston, WV which I had not seen before. They were a Buck regal T-Type, white 66 Nova SS and blue 66 GTO. They were also not priced and at the register rang up at $4.24

These were one of the few new things I have seen on the pegs at Central Ohio Wal-Marts in ages. At the local Wal-Mart, only the Eldo and Futura are still on the pegs.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
The new cars are a CARS type of assortment , The old Gold series have shown up at a couple WMs around here . Only saw set 3 cars . JL also had a few out at Lightningfest for sale . They must of sold out the old stock to WM .. I also wonder why TRU never put more out . Only found 1 set put out of each series when they were new & had to chase around to get what I wanted , as they sold fast!!

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Only new JL's At the wallys I go to are the "Coke goes to the beach " cars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts