Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought and received a "sealed" strip of Auction Insanity cars from Turkey Foot Creek on the 'Bay. A very nice deal at $26.99, delivered. When they arrived though, and were opened, the package appeared to have been re-sealed with plain tape, and the inner "sleeve" seemed different than I remember these "clip strips" being.

I've been lucky enough to have seen "clip strips" in the past as they came out of the carton, and though it's been a while, I thought I remembered them being wrapped in one big sheet of "shrink wrap", and sealed at each end. This "sleeve" was wrapped in what appears to be ordinary "Saran Wrap", wound around the sleeve from one end to the other and folded over at the ends, not sealed. Can someone verify for me which way is the "correct" way for these sleeves to have been wrapped, please?

Turkey Foot Creek was the seller, and they sold several of these sets. I know of two other Hobby Talkers that got theirs and had no whites. At $26.99 (delivered) for the set of 12, it's still a great buy, but if someone is advertising these as "sealed" yet they're pulling the WLs and misleading people, that would be wrong. Has anyone here on HT bought a set of these AI cars from this outfit and gotten a white? If this is in fact the way these sleeves were packaged from the factory, than it's simply the luck of the draw, but I'd like to clear this up for certain.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I Bought 4 Sealed Cases W Click Strip From Turkey Foot Creek No Whites
I Receive The Cases W The Original Rc2 Tapes ;;not Retaped...i Am Not Lucky
I Still Search For The Wl Lime Superbird ;;;

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
johnz28 said:
i ordered two cases form diecastexpress the boxes looked the same , but had a wl in each box.
Show off! :thumbsup:

Mine gave me no reason to believe it was tampered with, although I didn't inspect it thoroughly before or after opening it. It appeared to be consistent with other clip strip boxes I've seen.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I got a case from diecast express, don't remember it being wrapped. It was sealed with JL tape. No whites, but I got it for $18 shipped....

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
midtown said:
Not every case will have a WL.
Very much understood. My question was how were these sleeves originaly packaged, to determine whether the whites had been removed (the items were listed as "sealed").

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
carnut2256 said:
. This "sleeve" was wrapped in what appears to be ordinary "Saran Wrap", wound around the sleeve from one end to the other and folded over at the ends, not sealed.
this may not help you here,but I had opened 7 of the hemi `sweet` clip strips and they were just like you`re describing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts