Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please post any questions you may have regarding Area 54 RC Raceway. Your questions and our answers will help everyone become more familiar with our new location.

Thank You

Area 54 RC Raceway
www.area54rc.com
Urbana, OH
(937) 605-2578

·
Registered
12 Posts
The layout is complete and will be 1/8th and 10/th scale friendly. We designed it so on the big air jumps theres an optional landing for less equipt or less agressive drivers. I promise it will be fun!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Track will be 1/5 Scale friendly

Brian,
The track design is finalized and Mark has designed a track that will work well for 1/10 Electric, Short Course, 1/8 Scale Nitro, and with 15 foot wide lanes, it will be 1/5 Scale friendly.

Rob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Brian my goal is to make the jump faces a little more gradual and the whoops will roll smoother than before. We want to make the track easy to reverse direction for easier track changes. As you know clay is much harder to move around and form than top soil so were planning for the future. We would like you to come out before we put the pipe down for a trial run with the 1/5th scale.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rodney,
The track dimensions area 150 by 150. Of course with the banked turns and other features you lose some of that area. The track design is extremely considerate of 1/10 Scale and Short Course Trucks but at the same time allows for some triple and double out jumps for 1/8 Scale vehicles. The Clay Dirt is showing us that it will be clean, and have less rocks than before. But we will know better here in the next few weeks.

Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
I see the RC Live logo on the home page, so the races at Area 54 will be "on air". pretty cool, as i've recently watched a few races on RC Live.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question about the class, I have an old rc10 gold chasis and a team losi both from the mid 1990's (electric)what class would these cars be in? they are both buggies

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Depends on your racing experience or skill level. You can enter in either the Novice Open, or the Open (Nitro or Electric) Classes. Both these classes are to encompass all vehicles not defined by another class. Your skill level will determine weather you are a novice or not. Keep in mind Novice is not just for kids.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rodney,
Great question. The answer is yes. The Driver stand will be locked but the intermediate platform will be available. The intermediate platform is the landing half way up the flight of steps to the main drivers stand. The platform is 8 feet wide and stands 8 feet tall. It still provides a good view of the track. We will have evenings the driver stand will be unlocked for practice. The schedule will be posted in the near future. The great thing about the track being located in the park is accessibility. Drivers can visit the track during normal park hours for free. During scheduled race weekends there will be a entry fee. Camping is also free.
Talk to you later Rodney.
Rob

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sounds great. I'm really hoping the track is good for 1/10th SCT. Looking forward to racing there this summer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is correct Rod. However due to park regulations we are required to keep the top floor of the driver stand locked due to the potential of vandal's damaging our director booth and contents. We will open the gate if one of us is present otherwise you will have to practice from the lower stair platform.
We will decide what days and who will open the stand for practice after we get the ball rolling this spring.:tongue:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, Their will be electric. We had installed 6 circuits on the backside of the drivers stand for racers without electric generators. If you need electric the best place to pit is behind the drivers stand. The electric will be limited to chargers, lights, and small tools to make sure as many people are able to use it. You may want to bring your generator or battery just in case you decide to pit in a different area of the track, or the electric is tapped out.

Rob

1 - 20 of 42 Posts