Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the Impact Parts Committee Chairman? Rule Book says there is one.I know it used to be on the Website.

Thanks Ed:wave:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Who is the Impact Parts Committee Chairman? Rule Book says there is one.I know it used to be on the Website.

Thanks Ed:wave:
I don't think there was ever a Impact Part Committee. I think that was an error in writing the rule. In my experience the Co-Chairs have always handled Impact parts decisions with input from the Rules Committee.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think there was ever a Impact Part Committee. I think that was an error in writing the rule. In my experience the Co-Chairs have always handled Impact parts decisions with input from the Rules Committee.
Thanks Brent,
We have a part that will only be going on our cars.The only way to get it. One will have to buy our car.It will give our car a big advantage.So i don't know if. That makes it an Impact Part.We just designed the it other night.

Thanks ED:wave::wave:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Thanks Brent,
We have a part that will only be going on our cars.The only way to get it. One will have to buy our car.It will give our car a big advantage.So i don't know if. That makes it an Impact Part.We just designed the it other night.

Thanks ED:wave::wave:
Well, it sounds like the definition of an impact part. I'd follow the procedures to get it approved or at least talk to the Co-chairs to see if they consider it an impact part.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it sounds like the definition of an impact part. I'd follow the procedures to get it approved or at least talk to the Co-chairs to see if they consider it an impact part.
Brent,
To submit in writing.Do i give a 3D Drawing of what the part is?Or is it just better to call.Then how long does the process take?For any answer.

With an election coming up should i wait until it is over?

Thanks ED

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Ok I'll bite.

With this new super-duper whiz bang part that is only available on your car and giving it an advantage, what if a racer wanted to purchase this part? Could said racer do that or are you going to restrict sales only to those that own your car?

The part not fitting directly on any other chassis or "not working" is irrelevant, would it be available for purchase by racers other than those that own your car?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ed
Please immediately impound car with new groundbreaking parts and ship to QSAC headquarters and testing facilities in Yucca Valley Ca. for extensive testing.

Yours jokingly Bill Scott

"Ed your killing me ! what the hell is it"

·
Registered
669 Posts
Cambered rear end on a sprint car! Thought we've been through that? Thats not a sprint car...that would be a buggy! Lol
I think you're right. I think the decision was that if the axle has a U-joint it's no longer a straight axle. I guess it could be two straight axles. Wait we already have that.

·
Registered
174 Posts
rule book?

7. All cars shall be straight axle, front and rear. This is to mean no
independent suspensions.
Has something been changed in this rule?

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Ok so this is to say the front and rear axel must not be split in such a way that they will extend or compress independently? I wasn't sure if there was a change in reference to a universal joint or whatever
Yes, If they were indeed split in anyway that would constitute an independent suspension in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts