Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just over on YouTube and watching a compilation of slot car and diecast racing on home video. In 1 or 2 cases the camera was actually mounted ON to the car as it went around the track.

I am looking to buy a small camera to record some of my 1/64 diecast drag racing - perhaps have one camera mounted at the Christmas tree, the other at the finish gate. I want a camera that will play back in QUALITY slo-mo and provide a great "freeze-frame" with little or no fuzziness.

Any of you guys know of a good, quality small cam? Brand? Resolution?

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
There is a small camera that's made to mount in model rail road engines. It runs off of a 9 volt battery & sends a signal to a receiver that's connected to your VCR. One of our guys had it mounted on a US1 trucking dump truck with the camera on the roof & the 9 volt battery in the dump section. Not sure where to get it but I would start searching with Walthers or checking with any good model train shops. It was pretty cool to sit on the other side of the room in the "drivers lounge" & watch it go around with a "driver's eye view" from the car!
It would be great if there were 4 frequencies so each driver could drive his car by viewing the camera image on a monitor rather than viewing the actual car!

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
If that set up could be shrunk down a little more, and driven off track power instead of a 9 volt battery, tracks like them dudes run in the UK would be a lot more fun.. but it would sort of turn it into a video game of sorts.. Hmmm.... maybe not..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts