Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the parts from the new JL's work with the old AFX cars?, ie. springs, brushes, magnets...you get the point.
This may be a rather stpid question but I had to ask, please forgive me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Swapping JL and Afx Parts

Most of the JL parts will fit Afx cars. Not sure about the magnets and gearplate, though.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Pretty much everything except the gearplates are interchangable. I'm pretty sure that Aurora AFX gearplates will fit XTs but not the other way around. The gearplate clamps may require some slight adjustment. The JL TJet magnets are a great upgrade for the Aurora cars, being on par with Super II magnets. I wish JL would make them and the armatures available as a service part. The XT magnets seem to be a little better than Aurora AFX/MT magnets but the difference is not as great as it is with the TJets. The R2 and R3 XT chassis are very strong runners, better than most any stock Aurora AFX/MT.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys here are really great, I have a problem & here comes the calvary. Btw, i've got a really slow drain, what can I...........

Thanks guys! ;)

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
car guy said:
You guys here are really great, I have a problem & here comes the calvary. Btw, i've got a really slow drain, what can I...........

Thanks guys! ;)
Call a plumber........... ;) rr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts