Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am by no means an Olds expert but can someone explain the red car in this Head to Head set. Did I miss something? Looks more like a test shot.
Thanks

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I knew somthing was wrong but if its not a Mustang I am in trouble ;)
Thanks

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
As a follow up to this story, here's a PM I sent to Puppycat:
Brad -
You're not going to believe this one, but it's true. Remember the post you did about the eBay! H2H Olds set with the red GTO in place of the white 442? So anyway, I'm in the TRU in Annapolis today and I'm looking through the JL's. Lo and behold there is an Olds H2H set containing one green 442 and one red GTO. So I'm thinking, WTH??? Then I remembered your post and I'm thinking, wait a sec, what are the chances that there is another set out there with the same error car - is the factory doing some monkey business? But the GTO is from such an older release. (I didnt' buy the set) Later tonight I pulled up your old post and see that the 1) the item never sold and zero bids, and 2) the seller is from Maryland. I'm guessing that he figured it out, or was emailed about his auction and returned the set to TRU. Talk about weird!

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is the best story I have heard in quite some time. You should have bought it just for fun :dude:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I should do that, then take a picture of it and email it to the seller saying, "Remember this one? Got it for less than the auction price + shipping!" :lol:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Then, put it on e-bay, one of us will BIN it for $1,000, and email him the auction link saying "guess you should have relisted it". :tongue:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
this brings up the related item on box sets...any box set is just way to easy to open and re-seal...putting whatever u want inside. I just avoid them, unless it would make a nice display for whatever I want to put in it!

amazes me sometimes the people that will argue to the death that "they found this in a store and there is NO WAY that it could ever have been opened and re-sealed!"..c'mon, it's not rocket science. I mean even with those nice 10 car box sets, where the WL's had white bases only (I know there was at least 1 set like that)...why not just buy a regular, pull each car out and paint the base white on each one and put them back in?

hmmm..k...that sounds depressing... sorry, it's just supposed to rain for 3 days here and I'm on vacation... so much for the yard... so, here we go...hey! a puppy to play with whee! whee!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
60sMetal said:
I'm guessing that he figured it out, or was emailed about his auction and returned the set to TRU. Talk about weird!
i couldn't resist emailing this seller. i basically told them that they should do some research on the items they sell before they list them. i also pointed out that they shouldn't even be selling diecast cars if they can't even tell the difference between a pontiac gto or an olds cutlass 442 let alone a white lightning version of either. they responded by telling me that a simple "that is not the right car in the set" would have been sufficient and that i am an ******* for giving them my insight. it is apparent that this person is not even a collector let alone have any knowledge of cars and just bought this set to profit from it on e-bay or i would have been more polite. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts