Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I prefer the cubes for display purposes plus I think they look better. So I try to only buy or trade for them in original cube, unless I get a great deal on the clam shell. As I try to build my collection of M2 chases I would like to know. At what point did the cubes come along? Or maybe what releases am I only going to find in clam shell?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I really dont know when M2 started to produce the individual cars in cases..............

But the anouncement for the cases in a 5 pak came out on Jan. 5th 2011.

So I would think that it had to be around that time.............:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
i think some stores use clamshells and some prefer the cubes, just depends on there layout...might want to pm sean from m2 to find out.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
hey steve the cubes i think came out about 3 yrs ago.first just selling the sets than wallys started carring the cube cars ,target followed right after .

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Steve... I believe it is Release 7 Auto-Thentics that the PDQ Cubes started and everything else before that will have the clamshells unless you decide to pop the Chases loose in its own Cube with no PDQ packaging for the Cube.

Now for the Detroit Muscle Cars, I only have a few that are still stuck in blister packs which are Release 1 & 3 as I have yet to locate a Cube PDQ Package for the 2 ( I think release 1 wasn't made at the time for a Cube PDQ package, but release 3 was I believe )

You should have quite a bit of Cars still in Blister Packs like your Chromes and Clearly-Authentics as they were before the Cubes came out.

If you decide to collect the Promotionals you will have 75% of them inside clamshells as most of the cars do not come in Cubes.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
OLD have cubes. Collectible Diecast sells them either way.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve... I believe it is Release 7 Auto-Thentics that the PDQ Cubes started and everything else before that will have the clamshells unless you decide to pop the Chases loose in its own Cube with no PDQ packaging for the Cube.

Now for the Detroit Muscle Cars, I only have a few that are still stuck in blister packs which are Release 1 & 3 as I have yet to locate a Cube PDQ Package for the 2 ( I think release 1 wasn't made at the time for a Cube PDQ package, but release 3 was I believe )

You should have quite a bit of Cars still in Blister Packs like your Chromes and Clearly-Authentics as they were before the Cubes came out.

If you decide to collect the Promotionals you will have 75% of them inside clamshells as most of the cars do not come in Cubes.
That's what I was looking for.

Just needed some sort of reference so I know when not to look for the cubes in the older stuff.

Thanks fro the info and help all. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I try to display all of mine in cubes also. If I see one I want in a clamshell, however, I still buy it. Then I buy the Auto-Cases for the acrylic covers which I then use to cover the ones that originally came in clamshells (since ALL M2s come with a base - clam or cube). Now I just wish M2 would sell just the acrylic covers as I now have a couple dozen generic bases for which I have no use. :rolleyes: But guess I won't complain since it's already hard to find anyone that carries the Auto-Cases anyway.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
I try to display all of mine in cubes also. If I see one I want in a clamshell, however, I still buy it. Then I buy the Auto-Cases for the acrylic covers which I then use to cover the ones that originally came in clamshells (since ALL M2s come with a base - clam or cube). Now I just wish M2 would sell just the acrylic covers as I now have a couple dozen generic bases for which I have no use. :rolleyes: But guess I won't complain since it's already hard to find anyone that carries the Auto-Cases anyway.
heck i got about 100 of thoses bases doing nothing ...lol

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Yeah me too. Got a few reused M2 boxes full of bases, screws, and door clips. Just can't throw them away. Or use them either.
Oh no I'm a hoarder. :freak:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Had the same thought. I haven't thrown out any of the unused bases either!:freak:
I have the GMC Suburban Carrier chase in the clamshell and I was looking for one in the cube. Turns out, a guy in one of my diecast clubs had one and he agreed to a swap! :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts