Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a case of Holiday Classics. There are two 70 chevelle's in the case that are identicle except for the paint. 1 is aqua pearl the other is teal. The color differance is very noticable. Is this normal??
They are from the 2003 series. Thank You in advance..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You. 74 hits and finally someone answered. Lightning Fest was way cool. My son and I are looking forward to next year. Momma didn't like it so much. We doubled the size of his collection. I just don't know where I'm going to hang them all yet.

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Two Chevelles in the case? Sounds like me... I purchased a sealed case at the Fest, and when I opened it, found only six of the Holiday cars, times 2. Two Chevelles, two Tuckers, etc. The dealer was as confused as I was, and had no problem refunding my money (and cut me a great deal on a different case).

:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in no way disappointed with the case of cars or the dealer. These as all the cars that I have bought are my sons. I most definatly see a mini x-mas tree being set up in his room where these extras will hang proudly. I will try to notify Tiny Wheels and see if he has the rest to complete the set. I don't know for sure but I believe that John's collection is close to if not over 200 total. He shows his room off to everyone.

R

·
0 Posts
He's got a run going for sure, I saw the pictures... glad he (and you) had a good time, It will just get better next year

R

·
0 Posts
Illinois said:
Thank You. 74 hits and finally someone answered.

Sometimes it takes a while, a lot of us have the cars, but may have to dig them out to take a closer look or only have one so there is nothing to compare them to, but all questions will eventually get answered, SOMEBODY here will know the correct answer (and a few will not) :lol:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
owl said:
Two Chevelles in the case? Sounds like me... I purchased a sealed case at the Fest, and when I opened it, found only six of the Holiday cars, times 2. Two Chevelles, two Tuckers, etc. The dealer was as confused as I was, and had no problem refunding my money (and cut me a great deal on a different case).

:)
That sounds like the cases that came with the clip strips. Instead of a complete set of 12 they came with 2 of 6 different cars.

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
That's the one. Had a rolled up clip strip inside. Though I don't see the sense of selling only six of the release. I had most of the ones in the case already, and was essentially after the ones I didn't have. Hard to believe it's almost Christmas (to Walmart, anyways) and I haven't even complete last year's set.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We got 5 more to go and 2003 is complete. I didn't mean to sound impatient. John has seen the pictures and although he sees people he seen, Rob is the only one he remembers thier name. Thought you might want to know you have a new friend. :)

R

·
0 Posts
Well, i coulldn't have a nicer friend than John, I mean he has shown me his car and his car room now, he's like a little version of me.... except he has somebody to buy his cars for him!!!!

Hi John :wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts