Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A board member had misunderstood a post of mine and mixed up the Arkham car with the Crooze. His question though made me realize that out of the Walmarts here, the Crooze was the ONLY one I didn't see. I just picked up the ones I saw and liked. I never even checked the back and didn't realize it was in the set. My question is is it hard to find? Has it been seen in other areas?

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
A board member had misunderstood a post of mine and mixed up the Arkham car with the Crooze. His question though made me realize that out of the Walmarts here, the Crooze was the ONLY one I didn't see. I just picked up the ones I saw and liked. I never even checked the back and didn't realize it was in the set. My question is is it hard to find? Has it been seen in other areas?
Someone mentioned seeing a shipper or case that had only 4 cars of the assortment in it.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Someone mentioned seeing a shipper or case that had only 4 cars of the assortment in it.
That is what is happening around here also. You have to hit more than one store here to get the complete set. Not all of the cars are in every shipper.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
It definitely seems to be that not all stores get every car. I saw one that seemed to only get the Arkham Asylum and The Batman ones and I was at one today that seemed to only get the Tooned Batmobile.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Yuppp... The word is they are all mixed and not one store will have the complete set. You will have to hunt them all down to obtain them all.... Thanks god I am not a completist anymore :p

·
Registered
475 Posts
I got 7 in one store and went to like 5 other walmarts never found the crooze batmobile so i got it on ebay.....to give the set to my future father in law he really likes batman he has alot of the orginal stuff still packaged....:)

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is pretty much what I saw at the stores here.They came on a clipstrip and each store had 7 out of 8 with no Crooze.
I got 7 in one store and went to like 5 other walmarts never found the crooze batmobile so i got it on ebay.....to give the set to my future father in law he really likes batman he has alot of the orginal stuff still packaged....:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey everyone....it was I who asked Z06 for the Crooze. It seems that talking to others in the US that they have seen sidekicks with 66% of the Croozes in the mix....so I think they just have mixed up the assortments and all will be hitting in equal numbers. A friend in NY told me he finds Croozes everywhere but no Affinity's.....

Anyway being in Canada makes this set harder to complete as there are just so many Walmart's around...

So...if anyone needs one from the series that is common to me I would gladly trade for a Crooze.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like we got all the Affinitys.:thumbsup:
Hey everyone....it was I who asked Z06 for the Crooze. It seems that talking to others in the US that they have seen sidekicks with 66% of the Croozes in the mix....so I think they just have mixed up the assortments and all will be hitting in equal numbers. A friend in NY told me he finds Croozes everywhere but no Affinity's.....

Anyway being in Canada makes this set harder to complete as there are just so many Walmart's around...

So...if anyone needs one from the series that is common to me I would gladly trade for a Crooze.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
why are these cars being bought:confused: these are the excat same cars that were in the line up over the years.heck the chopper is the one from the batman 5 pack.there is ever some tard on ebay trying to pass off the crooze bat as a rare HTF car.the card art is great but to buy them just for that:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I bought them because i passed on them the 1st time around. I already had the Arkham car, so I didn't get that one. This Affinity is different from the one I already had which has gold trim instead of chrome. All the cards are in the garbage. I think the price did it for me. If they had of come out at $2.99 as a special edition, I would have left them all.
Everything new on Ebay is ALWAYS VHTF and rare.Saturday Evening Post Dairy Deliverys were going for $25.00. Those guys know that there is always some sucker who will pay the price and believe the nonsense.
BTW, I passed on the 5 pack because I didn't like the chopper and still don't. The Joker car is cool, but not $10.00 cool.
why are these cars being bought:confused: these are the excat same cars that were in the line up over the years.heck the chopper is the one from the batman 5 pack.there is ever some tard on ebay trying to pass off the crooze bat as a rare HTF car.the card art is great but to buy them just for that:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
Nice Batman Finds Guys Congrats.

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
Nice Batman Finds Guys Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
976 Posts
It took me 5 stores to put together a set for my daughter. Every shipper I saw had a hand full of a couple castings and the rest were all the same casting. Only found 2 of the crooze one and the hard nose one was the hardest one for me to find. Did see over at HWC.com that the crooze has showed up in abundence in other shippers in different parts of the country.
I guess Mattel aimed this set at kids and wants them to run all over the place to put a set together.:drunk:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Did see over at HWC.com that the crooze has showed up in abundence in other shippers in different parts of the country.
I guess Mattel aimed this set at kids and wants them to run all over the place to put a set together.:drunk:
Makes no sense in why Mattel does what they do in mixing the cases up or shippers up. You think they would put complete sets in every case or shippers for everyone to buy them all. :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts