Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the purpose of shims between the engine and the frame mount.
Is the frame mount not flat or is the engine not flat?
How do you know what thickness of shims to use?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Shim the motor to where it as level as possible without twisting the motor plate so it doesn't tweak the chassis I just use flat washers don't know there thickness

·
Registered
612 Posts
With the motor standing up it needs shimmed ,The bottom of shroud will hit the motor plate , Shim .120 both bolt holes it should clear motor plate, Motor,, lay down,, it will clear no shims needed,, :thumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I shim my motor to get the pinion gear at the same angle as the camber in the left rear tire. The belt runs "true" this way and won't ride the pinion washers. There is less belt drag this way.

I hope this helps.

Scott Paluchniak
CAT 5 Manufacturing

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I shim my motor to get the pinion gear at the same angle as the camber in the left rear tire. The belt runs "true" this way and won't ride the pinion washers. There is less belt drag this way.

I hope this helps.

Scott Paluchniak
CAT 5 Manufacturing
Damn the guy that tought me that beat me to it!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Thats why my WCM laydown motor mnts are different than the lightning lay down mnts ,I have been pulling the motor over to the left side ,so the pinion and spur gear line up .And no spacers under the right side of Motor either , Gets it a little lower in the chassis , :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Learn something new everyday! :thumbsup:

I hope this helps.

Scott Paluchniak
CAT 5 Manufacturing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts