Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I found a damaged ultra red el camino. The card was pretty banged up and the blister was smashed.....that didn't bother me because I could still open it and enjoy the car loose. However the rear axle was noticeably bent and the same wheel was also missing much of the chrome on the rim.
Do you think if I contacted auto world that they would let me swap it out at least for another ultra red that was not damaged? Has anyone ever delt with their customer service with such an issue?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I'm curious as to what their response would be if you contacted them. I'm guessing there aren't extras laying around so probably nothing. I found a damaged Ultra Red myself that was missing a large patch of paint. I almost tried contacting them but ended up just selling it for a little less than it cost, which was good enough, hopefully it got customized to fix the damage.

·
Registered
14,322 Posts
It might be infinitely more limited than a Hot Wheels Treasure Hunt, but it's not exactly gold.
I'd say the damage is a good excuse to wheel swap it if you're so inclined.
As far as the bent axle, there is a simple tool available to fix that, or you can make one.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
You also could buy a regular version of the El Camino and just do a wheel swap. That's probably what I would do if the only issues were just the wheel and axle.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You also could buy a regular version of the El Camino and just do a wheel swap. That's probably what I would do if the only issues were just the wheel and axle.
That's kind of what I was thinking, because I need some pretty narrow wheels to fit on it.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
This is what I would do rather than spending time "chasing" down AW for a replacement.
Though you never know...

·
Registered
13,588 Posts
I believe I'm the buyer of 250TR's Ultra Red that was missing paint. I forget who it was that sold me a 1st series Dodge Dart Swinger with the right hand quarter of the hood bare of paint. I bought it knowing that it had defective paint. I was told that I was paying the peg price for the car, so if I paid less, well, I apologize. I went over the raw area with a red Sharpie and now it's good enough to display with the driver's side out. It's not perfect, but then I didn't expect it to come out perfectly. If only fixing a paint problem were as easy as a wheel swap!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts