Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My prized posession '33 Cadillac Fleetwood V16 by testors built kit that I completed many moons ago fell off a shelf and burst into many many pieces. I think I can salvage it though, as far as I can tell the only piece actually cracked is the front axle, a clean break pretty close to wheel assembly. just to be sure I need to aquire another one of these kits for the instructions and/or parts, as I anticipate that some small parts have scattered around, probably to be swept up or found much later. My question for anyone reading this is as follows: Is the Testors 1/24 scale kit from the same tooling as the Italeri 1/24 scale kit? Any help much appreciated!
Thanks!
Phil in Chicagoland

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
not for sure, but I am pretty sure it's from a different tooling, however parts can always be modifyed to work, and the general instructions should be roughly the same. Good luck with your restoration!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I'm not familiar with that particular kit, but since Testors released many Italeri kits in the 1970s and ’80s, I'd say they're probably from the same tooling.

[IMG-LEFT]http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/attachment.php?attachmentid=36203&stc=1[/IMG-LEFT]

Did the original box look like this,
with both the Testors
and Italeri logos?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to all for the response to my question. Upon inspecting the pic of the kit box, you can see both Testors as well as Italeri logos on the sides, thats proof enough for me that each release is from the same tool. I've located a replacement, a Testors, now I hope I get it for a decent price!
Thanks again for the help!
Phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts