Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!

Follow one good question that I always talk with my fellows here in Brazil.

Do you remove your M2 from the Clamshell?

There’s a lot of M2 in special the first releases that was only available in the clamshell. Let’s suppose you get a chase piece, do you keep it package or you’ll remove it and check out all details in the car, put your hands on it, etc?

Many collectors here in Brazil don’t remove as they say the car “lose” it’s value. To be honest I don’t think if it’s removed from the packing it really lose the real value of it, even because all M2 cars can have the acrylic box which work like a “package” for the car. Worldwide is that idea real? I mean, it really lose its value? I don’t like to buy a car and don’t be able to touch it, move parts, etc.

Comments will be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Tks, Caio.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Hello guys!

Follow one good question that I always talk with my fellows here in Brazil.

Do you remove your M2 from the Clamshell?

There’s a lot of M2 in special the first releases that was only available in the clamshell. Let’s suppose you get a chase piece, do you keep it package or you’ll remove it and check out all details in the car, put your hands on it, etc?

Many collectors here in Brazil don’t remove as they say the car “lose” it’s value. To be honest I don’t think if it’s removed from the packing it really lose the real value of it, even because all M2 cars can have the acrylic box which work like a “package” for the car. Worldwide is that idea real? I mean, it really lose its value? I don’t like to buy a car and don’t be able to touch it, move parts, etc.

Comments will be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Tks, Caio.
only chase or white's i collect is tow trucks and even then i pull them out of the package and display them.
my jl white's still pull some good money even if thay are out of package. besides im not in it for the money.
if your in it for the money keep them in package. if not collect and enjoy them displayed.

you have to collect what you like. not what everyone else likes.
thats the best and honest answer i can give you.:wave:

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I pretty much agree with Gunn, I don't collect for the money, I collect what I like. As such, I do take them out of the package, but put them all back in their acrylic case - or buy enough cases so if I do have to get one in a clamshell I can still put covers on them for display. I don't like my cars getting dusty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for the replies. I always open my cars and many friends say i'm dumb of doing that. i don't know what's the deal to buy something that you can take it in your hands, look in every angle and see all the details it has. as I said. it's weird and thanks in world wide range this is not a deal that collectors do.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I open everything and usually "detail" them. I have DINKY TOYS that I bought for 85 cents in the 1950's. Today, they're worth $100 plus. Franklin and Danbury Mint cars that I purchased in the 1990's are worth about 1/3 of their cost. Maybe in thirty years, nostalgic collectors will pay big money for mint in the packages M2s, only time will tell.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The only M2 that I have right now is a Auto-Hauler and while it is out of the box, the diecast is still in the display case.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
I open up all the clamshells and put the cars and trucks into M2 display cubes that I purchase separately. I think that they display much better that way...

:wave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts