Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Some interesting cars there Wes! I never knew about this place till your post. Good luck making contact if you do get through!!
Joe

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see alot of tyco resin bodies there. I am kind of big fan of tyco and JL .. I will let you know when i get thru.

Wes

·
Registered
161 Posts
Please do Wes! I like the odd-ball cars that you just dont see everyday. Some of those old Volvos would be cool, just to put something different on the layout. Im thinking maybe even a small European village layout, with alot of BMW, Volks,Mercedes, and Volvo.
Thanks.......Joe

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got thru to him.. his email address is [email protected] . He would charge me 30 US dollar just for one mini cooper body unpainted. I think that's too much dont you think?

Wes

·
Registered
161 Posts
That is a bit pricey Wes. Maybe its not so bad if that includes shipping. I guess that's the price you pay to get cars you just wont see on the shelf of your local hobby shop. If you can hold off for a week, I have a slot car show-N-sale comming up next Sunday (the 26th). I will look around and see if I can find a decent looking Mini Cooper there for you. Give me an idea of what you want to spend and maybe I can get you set. :thumbsup:
Joe

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JPRCustoms,
that would be cool.. let me know what you find. I would appreciate it.

I never find any good slot car show in maryland (we only have one in essex, md - its good one but only like 12 tables thats it) I like to see more choices.. is there any good slot car show near maryland or like pa? nj? wva? where i dont have to drive long ?

thanks!
Wes

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Did you check MEV for a Mini Cooper? here's his addy:

http://www.tjets.com/

on the left under GT Racers is a Mini Cooper. The price comes up as $24 at first, but that's with a NOS chassis and the trim details painted. If you use the drop-down selections you can order it as an unfinished body only for $15. This guy's stuff is GREAT...

Edit: btw, did you go to the Essex show today? I went and got a bunch of stuff, mostly bodies. I did see the MEV Cooper there, and also a resin version of the new Mini, but I dunno if that one was for Tjets...

--rick

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wes,
The show next week is in Parsippany NJ. It's a long ride, but I've done worse for less! LOL I also read a post just today about a show in Pittsburg PA on October 31st. I cant make that one, because it's the same weekend as the Chiller Weekend of horrors show.
Let me know if you are coming to NJ...I'll buy you lunch!
Joe

Additional Note: look at the topic under this heading "box stock....Slotcar Show in Pittsburg" for details.

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Park,

oh man.. I didnt realized that there was a slot car show in essex , md today!! Um I am looking for '65 mini cooper body that will either fit tyco or tomy chassis.

JPRcustoms,

I dont know if i can go there cuz my wife is 4 months pregnant (she is on "high risk pregnancy" means she must be bedridden during the whole time not sure and I have been busy taking care of my house, work, cook , etc..
Anyway like i said i wont be able to go anywhere. but maybe after 5 months i will hopefully. :)

Thanks
Wes

·
Registered
161 Posts
Too bad you cant make it Wes, but I will see what I can find for you there. One week to go! (I've been itching for this since July! LOL) Congratulations and best of luck to you and your wife!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts