Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I run the stock AE .15 motor in a gt truck. Motor has about 8 tanks run threw new rebuild. The motor runs real strong and I have no problem running threw a tank of fuel. After running a couple of mins I checked temp and it only runs around 175 degs. Borrowed several temp guns to make sure mine is right, no problem.. Is this going to cause me any problems in the long run, running it this cool? It runs great but I thought I would lean it out a little more but then it bogs down real bad. Now the problem at hand, If I run the MC59 glow plug, once I make my 5 or so min run and shut the motor off, it will not start again, It smokes the glow plug every time..(little wire burns in half)..Thought it might just be brake in but 8 plugs later getting costly....Am I doing something wrong? Went ahead and put my HPI motor in and dont have anymore glow plug problems but would really like to run the AE...Thanks for any help...Have a great day.....

·
Registered
332 Posts
Leave the temp gun in your pit box, set the carb back to stock settings and tune it from there by how it feels, not the temp. Tune the high speed first, then the low, then the idle. See how that feels and works, then post back if it still does it. Sounds lean to me regardless of the temp.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try that tomorrow, I have raced electric for years but thought I would give nitro a try, so I am still learning about them. What causes glow plugs to go bad or burn in two? How does running too lean cause one to burn in two? Sorry so many questions but gotta learn somehow other than spending bucks replacing glow plugs. Thanks for any information and have a great day....

·
Registered
332 Posts
I usually burn up plugs when they are running to lean and on a fast track.
Or if your low speed is way to rich and then your high speed will end up getting set way to lean to compensate. That doesn't usually show up until it's been run for multiple minutes and it's completely warmed up. Then it will seem to want to die anywhere but full throttle, but full throttle won't have any zip either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts