Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm considering getting a couple of lexan F1 Indy style bodies to put on my BSRT G3 chassis.

Since these are a narrower type body, that would just slip on the chassis, and would not need the mounting tubes, would you then just use the
pins to push through the body to insert into the mounting holes in the chassis?

Or are the various F1 lexan body styles available wider than say, a Tomy F1 hardbody, and still need the mounting tubes?

Or are the various pins that I have seen for sale on various sites be too long? If that is the case, what is the best way to mount this style of body to the chassis?

·
Registered
40 Posts
probably the easiest way to go is to us a little velcro.... hook side on the chassis and the fuzz on the inside of the body..... slide body down over chassis, a little pinch to secure, should be good to go.... try to keep velcro as low as possible to keep weight low....

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
some snap on the car
I one that held on via hole in the front that the front axle went through (I think)

been a long time

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions!

I finally found a photo of a finished Indy lexan body, and judgeing from the picture, http://horacingbodies.com/desc_1007.htm

it appears that the body is wider than a Tomy "hardbody" Indy F1. So maybe I'll need the mounting tubes after all.

Anybody reading this ever use a lexan F1 style body?

Are they wider than the Tomy F1 hardbody?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts