Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings everyone!

This is my first post here. And I come to you a very confused NASCAR collector. I'm a Mark Martin fan and for a while now have collected his cars in 1/24th scale. For his newer cars I have (as much as possible) stuck with Team Caliber's Owner's series cars.

Now that Team Caliber has been bought by Motorsports Authentics, I'm very confused about what cars in what quality in what quantities have been produced for Mark Martin.

Specifically I'm after his 2006 Homestead car (final ride with Roush Racing... :cry: ). It appears as though this car was produced under the Motorsports Authentics brand and I've seen numerous cars in the Preferred Series but none in an Owner's series.

Does that mean all the Owner's series cars have been bought up leaving only the lesser detailed and higher production numbered Preferred Series?

Was there even an Owner's series produced for this car?

If the Team Caliber Owner's series no longer exists, is the Motorsports Authentics Preferred Series as detailed as the Team Caliber Owner's series was?

I'd like to find an Owner's series version of this car but if it simply doesn't exist, then I'm just chasing my tail. If anyone could help with this confusion, I would be most grateful.

Lastly, is there a web reference that has an archive of what cars, what series, what production numbers, yada, yada, yada that companies like Team Caliber produced or should I buy a copy if Diecast Digest (which someone told me might have that info).

Many Thanks,
"Mustang" Michael

P.S. - After yet another search I did find:

Mark Martin #01 US ARMY 2007 Motorsports Authentics Driver Select 1:24

So is Motorsports Authentics' elite line the Driver Select series?

Help!!!! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DiecastKrazy,

Thanks for the info. I have a line on that car but don't have it in hand yet. I'm still trying to fill in some wholes in the collection from the Team Caliber/Motorsports Authentics line that have really confused me since the corporate acquisition.

Thanks again,
"Mustang" Michael

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
The Elite series is the most detailed production car around by MA. It has a ton a features,like springs,plug wires,openeing roof flaps..etc.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mark Martin

Are you interested in some older Martin racing champions? Also have a couple Martin Action cars. 83 Monte Carlos. LMK Thanks, Jim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sschevyman1 - Does MA still make the Elite line? I thought that was an Action line and wasn't sure if it was continued once they were bought by MA.

jnitka - Possibly. It would depend on whether or not I already had the cars. Can you send or post a list?

Many Thanks!
"Mustang" Michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts