Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a Hobby Lobby?
I'm a wee bit confused.

I've read a lot of posts here about people getting cars at Hobby Lobby.
I live in a up-to-now Hobby Lobby free-zone..... meaning I don't have one near me. But that's about to change with one opening up just 5 minute from my home (right next to the local TRU).

So I searched the web, and Hobby Lobby looks more like a craft store... kind of like Michaels or Jo Anns. I did see they have an RC store back in TN.

So what can I expect? Do the craft stores carry diecast? What brands and how are the prices? I guess I'll find out soon enough first hand, but until then, tell me all about it! :wave:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Hoby Lobby is mostly a craft store. But they usually carry a decent line of model kits as well, and a lot of them have a smallish section devoted to diecast (M2 Machines, mostly. A few greenlights). Mine has like 4 slot cars available, and they just took out all of the model train stuff.

In addition, while you are on their website, you can find a printable coupon for 40% off an item, and most of us do that when we go looking because they are a bit pricier than a lot of other places.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
They are a craft store like Michaels, etc. But in their history, they've carried Johnny Lightnings, ERTL (I think, could be wrong), and now Greenlight and M2. They also carry plastic and die cast models and AutoWorld slot cars.

Best thing about it (beside the fact that scalpers haven't seem to caught on to the M2s there yet) is the 40% off any one regular price item coupon that is good every day of the week (except Sunday when they are closed).

Personally, I've found 7 M2 chases and 2 AutoWorld iWheels (White Lightning) slots over the past 3 or so months.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that was quick! :lol:

Thanks for the 411 about Hobby Lobby. :thumbsup:
I look forward to their opening... :hat:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Hobby Lobby is a hobby, craft and furniture store that is very "Christian" so you'll find many related items of that nature there, too. This is also why they're closed on Sundays.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
They are a craft store like Michaels, etc. But in their history, they've carried Johnny Lightnings, ERTL (I think, could be wrong), and now Greenlight and M2. They also carry plastic and die cast models and AutoWorld slot cars.

Best thing about it (beside the fact that scalpers haven't seem to caught on to the M2s there yet) is the 40% off any one regular price item coupon that is good every day of the week (except Sunday when they are closed).

Personally, I've found 7 M2 chases and 2 AutoWorld iWheels (White Lightning) slots over the past 3 or so months.
You are correct on all those brands. In the past I found a couple of White Lightnings in their clearence baskets. Now its all ERTL farm equipment, some Maisto, Greenlight, and M2s.:eek:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hobby Lobby's a great place for the customizing and diorama guys to get supplies as well. Not only do they have the diecast and model stuff, but they have all of those other not-so-manly hobbies that you can get tools that work really well.
I like the clays and clay-sculpting tools to 'mock-up' cars that I'm going to customize.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts