Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey RC Racers!

I have bought a LRP Quantum Competition 2 Speedo. It's my first LRP, well that's in the Quantum series that is.

My question is what would be a great set-up for the ESC on our track? I've asked guys at our track what they set theirs up like, but the competition is tight between them and myself so it's tough to get a honest answer, so I was wondering what everybody else out there who runs and/or knows a lot about the Quantum 2 if you can help me out, by letting me know what would be a good mode for my ESC?

My motor tends to get much hotter than when I had my LRP IPC Pro Sport in it. So I am guessing that my Quantum 2 should be set to a different mode.

Specs:-27 turn (Stock) 1/10 oval pan car.
-Small 85' flat Tri-oval, with tight corners
-3300 NiMh batteries (4-cell)

If you need more information so you can help me out, just ask!:thumbsup:

Thanks!

Justin #29
JDM RC Racing
www.geocities.com/cornwallrc

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
For Stock racing - any track - use Punch Setting 5, I run both my brake settings on 0.

The only time I have ever backed the Punch setting down was running a 100 lap enduro race.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Nope more likely the motor is getting hot due to over/under gearing.

Unless the IPC (not sure the settings of that speedo) was possibly at a low punch control and now the Quantum is at a high punch control. That would be the only way I could see the motor getting a bit warmer.

On the 85' (yikes that small) runline track, where are you rolled out and what motor are you using? The shortest track I have ever ran at was about 125' and we rolled out around a 1.85-1.90 with a Monster motor. I would think with a Monster on your track you would need to be around 1.24-1.30 rollout to keep the motor cool.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it's weird, last season we ran a 1.65-1.70 roll-out with a Monster, and the motor was cool, but now with the quantum 2 I run the same thing, and it's super hot. Our roll-out has changed this past weekend to 1.50, and it's still really hot.

Justin #29
JDM RC Racing
www.geocities.com/cornwallrc

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hey Justin I race at Plattsburgh, I think are track and your track is about the same size 85-90 Feet! I just sent two quantum competition back to Associated? THere was nothing wrong with them but, I was slowing down last year and did not know why? So any who I asked the associated tech or what ever he was! What mode I should be in, or run with stock for 4 cell racing! he told me he always runs in the low grip or linear mode! I always set mine up in mode 5 stock racing program, its usually always fast! Except for when you dead short all your batteries and screw them all up! I have raced with Paul , junior B, and Dick Jarvis, Danny Flag, Steve Salvis. etc.... I know what you mean by smalll tight track, believe me! Set her up in mode five, and go racing! Keep "A" close Eye on your gearing like some one else said! That could be making your motors get hot! I have just bought a Q-2 and the new one is in mode five and it seems to be fast! This past weekend when we had practice down here! Gearing we run down here with the monsters is 1.56- 1.68 rollout depending on motors power out puts and what kind of a dyno you are runnig them on! And who's motors you are running. Phantom dyno or competion electronics?? BUt mostly the phantom dyno!

Psycho alien inc....
Peace PsyCHo alien....

·
Registered
552 Posts
You can roll out at 1.80-1.90 on a track that has nice sweeping corners. And you dont lose alot of corner speed.But on a track that has corners that are tight like 90's the other way sharp! You can't keep your motor speed up as much! So if your car is not really dialed in and you have to lift in the corners your rpm's will drop! that kind of a roll out his to high and the motors can not pull out of that sharp of a corner.... with that kind of a roll out!

alien..........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts