Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a LRP Quantum Competion 2. Instructions say the worlds kit (power caps) are not necessary.

Ignoring all the theory :confused: ( Iv'e read everthing here on power caps), do you or don't you run one with a QC2? If you do which one?

It will be used in 4 cell stock oval pan car.

TIA

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Bob,
I don't run a Quantum 2 but I do have 2 Quantum 1's.
I have tried running the big cap that you get with the Worlds kit several times and to be honest did not see any advantage on the track. Matter of fact I took the cap off and went my fastest laps ever on the track 2 weeks ago.

If you do use it however, after you charge your batt pack, turn the speedo on for about 5 seconds then shut the speedo back off. Then repeak your battery. Normally it will take about 60 seconds longer to peak than normal. My theory is when you turn on the speedo the cap fills up with energy. So in actuality you are gaining some extra power. But since a cap really only charges up when you are off the throttle it really does not do much for stock pan car racing. If you see any improvement it would be on the holeshot.

Hope that helps explain it.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Oh by the way if you get the cap, go to an electronics place instead of ordering the high dollar Associated Worlds kit.

The large cap included in the Worlds kit is a 4700 uf 10v and is about a $1.50

1 - 3 of 3 Posts