Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... First off I would like to wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving! :thumbsup:

Now to the business... I know there has been some rumors flying around the last couple of days regarding our Truck and GN classes... Now all of this started with good intentions in mind please understand. There were a select few of the GN drivers considering moving over to the Truck class for the 2010 season. That being said I understand there are also a few of the Sportsman drivers moving up to the Truck class as well. Which I personally think is Awesome! We should have one hell of a Truck class this next season. Now the rumorville all started when I started thinking... (Yeah that was the smoke everyone started to smell) If these couple GN guys go to Truck then that will leave us with 2 to 3 GN's on a consistent basis... Well that would not be fun to me so i had the thought of running Truck as well... maybe get the other guys to follow and have one BIG class... (this by no means is eliminating the GN class, if 3 GN's show up we still run the class) Now to me that would be fun as hell... Well it was just a thought at the time, and oh man did all hell break loose after that was said... It seems that the Truck guys do not want us all there...

So I have a proposal... Maybe we can get a couple of the Sportsman guys to jump up to the GN class??? Those couple GN guys I think would stay and we could have a decent GN class and the Trucks would also have a good class with the other sportsman guys coming up...

The deal is guys I just don't want to run with 4 guys and I am sure you all would feel the same... So if we can get some GN's to come up, then all is good... If we still have just a few then I'm gonna run Truck... :wave:

Give me some opinions guys... Let me know how you all feel...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hope this didnt start a big mess denny. at the last race shawn mcreay and myself agreed to move to truck. tom strong said he would be interested. cramer and turner want to race with more people . and we were trying to figure a situation were we could all race together . so the obvious choice was truck with only a body change needed. didnt mean to lose a class but trucks are a stepping block to gn.we can test our skills against new drivers but not be in the way of the best gn drivers.So im sure it will work itself out. mike L

·
Registered
14 Posts
denny I Think Any One That Wants To Run Truck Should Be Welcomed With Open Arms. The Only Way You Learn Is To
Compete With The Best. I Just Hope The Truck
Class Rules Package Will Remain The Same. It Is The Most Fun Class
I Have Competed In. But Thats Only My Opinion. I THINK TRUCKS ARE ONLY A STEPING STONE IF YOU WANT TO RUN GN. NOT EVERYONE
WANTS TO. THER ARE STILL RACERS WHO WOULD LIKE TO REMAIN IN TRUCKS.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with you Jim and Mike... I too would like to run with a larger class... What do you say Mike L??? Maybe you Sean and Tom can come to GN???

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow... so many thoughts and ideas I can hardly contain myself here... lol... Well all looks like we will be all the same again... no shake up in classes at this time... But if the small number classes continue mark my words there will be changes in the future... Get your cars a handlin this year cuz we all might be in the same class before you know... Just like the good ole days! :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts