Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all!!!

The last race of the season is coming up quick. I am very excited to have this race at a new facility in San Bernardino, CA. This place is a State of the Art Quarter Midget race track. Check out this You Tube video.
This is hopefully going to be our new home for So Cal QuarterScale Racing. Please bring all friends and family you want, there will be a concession stand up for us to enjoy some BBQ burgers and hot dogs, and of course candy for the kids. I have attached a flyer for the race, this flyer will be at a few local Hobby Shops to try and get as much interest as possible. Let everyone know about it!

The track will open 12ish on Friday afternoon and track will be open for practice soon after till the sun goes down... Camping will be allowed for overnight on Friday night for sure, I'm working on Saturday as we speak.

Due to economy this year I believe we will be having a pretty basic get together for the banquet this year. My plan is to get everyone to pitch in $10-$15 and we'll order some pizzas and get some beverages and just hang out at the track... I did price out a few banquet halls around the area and with the club not having the funds this year to cover the rest we would need each member and guest pay a minimum of $35 each... Too much at these times...

Let me know how you all feel bout that please, maybe something else can be drawn up in time...

Other than that if you have any questions/concerns/comments please call me at 909-638-8976 or P.M. me... either way i'll get back to ya! :thumbsup:

I have inserted the file as a PDF and a Word Doc for your convinience...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Denny, if they have a snack bar all ready set up why not let everyone
get something from them, just get an Idea of how many so they won't
be to suprised. Let them make the profet rather then the Pizzia shop.

Tom

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats part of the problem as well Tommy... I like the idea and i'll see what she says, but I have no idea how many people are coming??? I have posted a few times on here as well as our QSAC West forum and a email or 2... not many replies unfortunately. Thats what really killed me for the banquet hall... We'll figure something out... thanks for the suggestion! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
95 Posts
Denny, thank you for all your hard work. My wife and I will be there and hope to make it a good night. I will support you in anyway you want to do the banquet thing, maybe get together at a local pizza place or whatever you think will be best for all. Again, thank you for putting up with all this _______. I will try to post as many flyers as I can in the Mesa/Phoenix hobby shops.

Daniel S.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got word last night from the track... Overnight camping WILL BE ALLOWED BOTH FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS... :thumbsup:

So the idea i have at this time would be maybe collecting an extra $10-$15 per driver at sign-ups for the banquet... That will let us know how many people are planning on staying with us and be able to order the pizzas and drinks and have it ready for us... Would like to see if people can bring some extra tables and chairs if you have them??? If not, we'll make what we have work, no worries...

Let me know if all this sounds good to you all or if you have any other ideas give me a call or P.M. ... 909-638-8976 :wave:

·
Banned
95 Posts
Will Support the Pizza thing!!

Denny, I like the pizza thing at the track, and I'll be sure to bring extra chairs and or tables.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Jim, Denny mentioned you might be interested in doing some vinyl for a tribute Ivan Baldwin 07 car? You up for a challenge? I could maybe get a hold of a picture or two....lol

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry Jim, Didn't see this yesterday. I'll give you a call later today... Great to see you are coming out to race with us again! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok guys the time is coming... Gettin excited, Hope to see you all out there!

First off I have purchased the Trophies for the banquet... :thumbsup:

So it looks like all is in place for a good show on the 14th... The plan will be to have you guys pay a $10 fee/per person attending our banquet at the time of sign-ups... This will allow us to see how many people are planning on attending it so we'll have time to order up the food and drinks... As i stated earlier if at all possible bring some extra tables and chairs so we can lounge around as comfy as possible. Thanks in advance to those who do! :thumbsup:

If any one has any ideas or comments or even concerns for this last race please call me so we can try and make it as smooth running as possible...

:wave:Denny:wave:
909-638-8976

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm guessing we start at the Phoenix gearing... 14-78 or 79.... but bring them all, if we get the handling down very well could use a 15... :thumbsup:

Happy to hear the Phoenix Boys are coming out... Anyone hear from or have a number for Sean McCray... Don't know if he knows this race is going on or not yet... or if he's going to make it out.... :confused:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got a hold of Sean today... He said he'll be there as well... :thumbsup:

Keeps looking like we'll have a good turn out...

Again, anybody know people who do not get on here, or don't have the email access, please let them know about the race and/or have them get a hold of me for details...

Thanks!!! :wave:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts