Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to open up a discussion on any changes racers would like to see for the next year... Our participation #'s are falling, I know the economy has alot to do with it, but I would still like to think theres things racers would like to see different...

A couple ideas have been put out there already, figure i would throw em out there and see what kind of reactions or comments we have...

1.) Reduce the races to 6 races for the year, with 1 throw out.

2.) Make the races a 1 day show... less expense...

3.) ????

Please comment and/or give some other ideas so we (the 2009 board) can discuss and try to get these changes in for the next season...

Thanks,

Denny Andrews

·
Registered
67 Posts
Limit the classes from 5 to 3, we just don't have the numbers to have 5 classes. It's no fun running with 3-4 people, also skip the hot months (jun, jul, aug) I think 6 races would
be great - 3 in the spring and 3 in the fall ! Also 1 day shows would help my pocket book for sure!

Jim

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think jims ideas are good. Remember we tried this a few years back and got a bunch of flack. It might be possable that some will listen now. I hope so.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have to agree with Jim also,with the economy the way it is its been really hard for me to travel.One day events are also a good idea.

Bob Bates

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our points season consists of 3 locations... Phoenix, AZ - Boulder City, NV - and San Bernardino, CA... those 3 locations are about 250 miles from each other and we have racers near each location... so one race is pretty local for some but the other 2 are usually a 3 to 5 hour drive to them... The main expense is the hotel rooms that we would like to cut down on... Some will want to practice on Fridays still and still need a room, but thats their perogative... right? I too like the idea of one day races... with the smaller turn outs there should be no reason we can't get done in a timely fasion...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like the one day race and 3 classes are ok people will loose the fire to attend if you cut out races the habit dies Ive seen it many times.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I like the one day event. Here is my idea for the format. Let me know what you think. Troy

Fri – Sat 9:30 Open practice

Sat.
9:30
Track closed, prep track if needed

10:00
Drivers meeting

10:30
Single car qualifying
One round of heats, 50 laps (set top 6 in a-main)
Last chance race as needed, 30 laps

12:00
Lunch and controlled practice (15 min each class)

1:00P
Mains
Sportsman, 125 laps (stop anytime, go to the back under caution)
Truck, 175 laps (stop anytime, go to the back under caution)
GN, 200 laps (stop anytime, go to the back under caution)
Sprints, 100 laps (red flag stop at lap 50)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not bad Troy,
But i was thinking more along the lines of saturdays:
practice 8-12
lunch break 12-1
race starts at 1:00 and you could run it straight
through and be done by 6 or 7 and still be home by
midnight or stay over and drive the next morning.
friday - practice for those that want it.
just my thoughts...

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
That will work but if I am going to spend two nights, might as well race Sun morning and drive home that afternoon. The point of one day was to cut cost and if you stay the night all we saved was time. Just my thoughts.

I will run what ever we decide to do when I make a race. It doesn't look like I will be able to run for a championship next year either.

Later Troy

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Events

Denny. All the club races I attend are one day events. Ingalls, Lansing Michigan and Freddies in Ravenna. All go very well. For the past 11 years I have been running a Tri-State Series of Races. We travel to these races and the events are all one day races. These races are held in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan and Illinois. My longest drive is a bit over 400 miles. I often trave up to the race on Friday night arriving at the track in time to get the trailer set up, go get breakfast on Saturday morning, race Saturday and spend Saturday night there. Then after a night of rest I drive home on Sunday. This format has worked out well. Some including myself have also traveled in on Friday for some informal open practice. This series wa started with the thought that those trhat could not travel the country for NCS racing could still have a series where they get competition other than the locals that you race every week on a club basis. We have had as many as 54 racers at one event and we still got in in in one day and we did not have lights to run under either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts