Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All right guys, as promised, heres a tenative schedule for the 2010 QSAC West Points Series... Keep in mind all races are subject to change, but pretty much all of them have been confirmed. If any changes must be made we will do our best to inform everybody in advance... :thumbsup:

A little birdie told me that there has been a rumor that we were not running trucks next season... THIS IS NOT TRUE!!! We will be running all classes just like the past. If we feel a change needs to happen we will address that by the half way point of the season to give a fair amount of time for what ever that change may consist of. But for now I have heard quite a few guys will be running trucks so we should have a great class!

Please contact me or any of the other board members if you have concerns and/or questions...

Denny Andrews
909-638-8976
[email protected]

·
Banned
95 Posts
Banquet Timing

Denny, not sure who decides when the banquet is to be held but last year 2008 the banquet was held on the first race of the new 2009 race season. The banquet was held in Boulder on the first race, it gives those responsible for getting the jackets embroidered and trophies engraved so they can be handed out and also time to get some pics of the Champions with their winnings.
I do not know how banquets were handled prior to 2008, maybe some more experiened people would like to jump in and help!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Daniel i am some what experienced here... being this is the 20th year or so doin this... We have done the banquet both ways in the past... The point you make is definitely valid and exactly the reason we attempted that exact thing last year... But we had more negative feedback going that route... One of the complaints being that when you celebrate the ending of the year a few months later you don't have all the memories of the year fresh, and it always seems to have less people attending and/or people that weren't part of that seaon... that make sense.. it did while i was thinking it... oh well... One thing we might be able to try for the Champions is add a plaque or trophy of some sort to have this at the time of the banquet... Main thing is the banquets always seem to be a better atmosphere at the end of the season... That's my opinion at least... :thumbsup:

·
Banned
95 Posts
Banquet

Denny, I believe you can be considered a well knowledgeable young person on the topic. hahaha Anyway, thank you for setting me strainght again, I see what you mean about attendees and memories and yes it does make sense having it on the last race, just keeps the excitement going.

Again, Thanks for all,
Daniel (Raven):dude:

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Looks good to me, I may be able to work my trip next year around that schedule. Lets make official soon so I can start planing around it. 2 days and counting should be home around Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey all!!! Crazy to think we only have a couple months before the new season starts in San Bernardino again... February is a crazy month to schedule a race... 2nd weekend is Daytona, 3rd weekend is Sprint Cup in California.... So we scheduled the first race for the first weekend, 6th and 7th... Well damned if it aint Super Bowl Sunday!!! So I am proposing we make the first race of the season a One Day Show... Just like our last race there... Then those that want to get back home for the Super Bowl have a chance and those who don't care can spend the night and take there time getting home on Sunday...

How does this sound to everyone?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Schedule Change!!!

Hey guys quick update... I will post a printable schedule tomorrow hopefully, but i figured i would tell you guys now...

1.)WE WILL BE RUNNING THE FIRST RACE OF THE SEASON AS A "ONE DAY" RACE ON FEBRUARY 6TH... ALLOWING EVERYONE TO GET HOME FOR THE SUPER BOWL IF INTERESTED...

2.)tHE JUNE 19TH RACE HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO THE WEEKEND BEFORE JUNE 12TH. THE QUARTER MIDGET ASSOCIATION HAS A PRE SCHEDULED EVENT ON THE 19TH... THIS ALSO WILL BE A 1 DAY RACE BUT WILL START LATER TO END UNDER THE LIGHTS!!! :thumbsup:

As i stated i will post a printable schedule for you all on here, the www.qsacwest.com website has already been updated... Thank You Bill
Scott!!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
New Schedule

Hey all...

Heres the printable version of the updated schedule... please note that race one is a 1-day race and the June race is now on the 12th...

Any questions and/or concerns give me a PM or call me @ 909-683-8976

Denny Andrews

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hope all had a great Christmas... Just over a month till our first race! Can't wait to see you all again!! Happy New Year!!!

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Denny, let me know if you want me to sponsor the First Place awards for your series

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Denny, let me know if you want me to sponsor the First Place awards for your series
Yeah I definitley will get with you for sure... Just been busy with Holidays of course, but we need to figure out what we can come up with. I appreciate it, and I'm sure our guys will as well!!! :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts