Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After the meeting on Friday at BMI. I pleased to announce That BMI is now QSAC Sanctioned Track we Ran a sprint there on Friday along with a 5B and it went good also . So starting in Sept we will be running Quarter Scales under QSAC rules . I have something else in the works details to come. Thanks Bob

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
B.M.I. is an indoor dirt oval in Versailles Ohio. This is an exceptionally nice facility with a very nice owner willing to work with us on R/C racing. As stated in the first post the track is being Q.S.A.C. sanctioned. Paperwork has been submitted. Racing will start in September and go at least thru May. Details are not all set at this point but we know that we will be having fun. Track is well prepared and kept. Building has a very nice game room and eating facilities. See photos below.
More information coming soon.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I believe the banking is 18 degrees in the turns. Run line was measured at 385 if I remember correctly. Fumes are handled by five big exhaust fans at one end and heat when needed is supplied by heaters at the other end. Cylcle does not take long I am told.
I think sprints will be fun on this track. We ran Curt's sprint with slicks and quickly switched over to street treads and they helped. Car still had an asphalt setup on it and it was not bad. Needed some stagger and some setup but it was still fun getting around the track. Looking forward to September to get started.
I also think that the late model class would be a blast on this track.
Baha's with East coast modified bodies sound good also.
I'll be getting with Bob to get classes and rules together in the near future.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Thks 11...noticed we ain't seen ya at the Madhouse....??????. I get back on my feet by sept I will put a ride 2gether 4 it.......cya.......6

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Thks 11...noticed we ain't seen ya at the Madhouse....??????. I get back on my feet by sept I will put a ride 2gether 4 it.......cya.......6
I'm working on getting there. Miss the fun but with only one family car and the wife working weekends its tough to get there. Also went from an empty nest to a family of four again. I have not even had my car out to Kil Kare as yet and thats only 15 miles away. Have to go thru car and get it ready. Soon.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
I wish this track was not 7 hours away I would convert 1 of my Sprint Cars to a dirt setup for sure. How about moving to Wisconsin???...

Dave D
TEAM ORANGE
QSAC #821

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
I have a question Fred, When you were running on track did you have a belt or chain drive on your car. And if you were to run there regularly what drive system would you use???...

Dave D
TEAM ORANGE
QSAC #821

1 - 20 of 89 Posts