Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a decent, constructive, discussion on QSAC rules ideas. What would you (QSAC memebers) like to see changed, added, deleted, addressed in the rules? How they are checked? Etc...

Go for it.....

Reno

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have only been a QSAC member for 2 years. So bear with me as I am still green to 1/4 scale and learning the rules.

As I see it we have a rule book, we make sure our car is to the standard of this rule book. It is up to us as racers to follow and understand this rule book. If I do not understand the rules then it is MY job to make sure I contact someone that does.

If I get DQ'd for a rules violation then one of 2 things went wrong.Either I didn't read the entire rule, or I am purposly breaking the rule. SIMPLE.

WHAT DOES THIS PERTAIN TO THIS THREAD. Please take some time and re-read the rule book over and over again. Do not rely on what some one else is really telling you or trying to get there own agenda going.

WE are QSAC...with out members it is 4 letter's.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have only been a QSAC member for 2 years. So bear with me as I am still green to 1/4 scale and learning the rules.

As I see it we have a rule book, we make sure our car is to the standard of this rule book. It is up to us as racers to follow and understand this rule book. If I do not understand the rules then it is MY job to make sure I contact someone that does.

If I get DQ'd for a rules violation then one of 2 things went wrong.Either I didn't read the entire rule I am breaking the rule. SIMPLE.

WHAT DOES THIS PERTAIN TO THIS THREAD. Please take some time and re-read the rule book over and over again. Do not rely on what some one else is really telling you or trying to get there own agenda going.

WE are QSAC...with out members it is 4 letter's.
Very well said. I also am only a 2 year QSAC member. I have been part of full scale racing for years. QSAC rules should be a model for other sanctioning bodies. Watch what you wish for, QSAC is pretty good in my opinion.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a good set of rules. We can always make it better. That's what this is all about. Making it better doesn't mean we need to add rules. Maybe just a change or even deleting something. Or maybe nothing at all. Just want to see what is on the minds of others out there.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I don't want to see the old carbs dropped off the allowed to run list. Some folks still have them and like them. Not sure if that is going to happen I just heard a little bird tell me it was discussed.

I also would like to see "One" national event and have more regional one day events like our TRI State series. Not all of us can take that much vacation time for toy cars and still have enough for families and the occasional problem that happens at home requiring a day off.

I am for the motor claim rule. It worked in AMA. It is an effort to make guys run just stock out of the box motors. I wouldn't buy a $500 dollar motor if a guy could claim it for $230. It made armature MX so much more equal for the guys that couldn't afford ported and blueprinted 250's and guys with stock engines had a chance. Look up the rule in the AMA District 15 rule book. A perfect model if this rule comes to pass.

I would like to see the roof height rule changed to 9.5 inch min. I would like to rake the body more or at least trim it some. I have had two new bodies that couldn't be raked or trimmed much to maintain the 10.5" and it looked like the bottom of the body was nearly an inch off the ground. This would let us get more creative with the car instead of guys looking more at the motor to go faster.

Just my opinions

Jeremiah Ward
QSAC #1974

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Understand the ones that are there. Nunzio said it best.

They are really not that hard or so constraining that they are unreasonable.

Of course there are some I do not agree with or think they have no place but at some time, somewhere, someone cause said rule to be written and implemented.

But this is hardly a broken situation. This is the BEST thing going in RC. This form of RC has the most stable rule set that I know of.

Are there really that many rules that need to be changed? Are there any so difficult to adhere to that they make the racing difficult?

Read the rules, ask some questions and do some research.

This could be easier for us all if, on the local scene, there was more tech like at an NCS, but that will take more time and even more volunteers and those are hard enough to come by.

I know that at LPR we do not do a lot of tech, ok that is not true. We don't do any but maybe we should, I guess right, wrong or indifferent we just trust each other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts