Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Go to the QSAC website under the "forms" tab and download the rulebook. The last page of the rule book has the form you can fill out, sign and send in.

Insurance requires a signature, otherwise I would make so you could PayPal it...

·
Registered
689 Posts
awww so thats why we cant just go there and sign up i was wondering and if you are going to sign up id wait till the end of the year otherwise your membership will expire at the end of the year

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i read the whole rule book and the extra stuff about membership, i'm waiting til the first of the year. thanks for the information.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
awww so thats why we cant just go there and sign up i was wondering and if you are going to sign up id wait till the end of the year otherwise your membership will expire at the end of the year
yes this is a frequently asked question...our insurance requires an original signature along with the money, thats why we cant just paypal it. Also i believe or insurance runs from Jan 15 till Jan 15 the following year. You can mail it in now just change it from 2009 to 2010!

Jim we missed that change..LOL

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Im not an expert on paypal , but i believe they recieve a percentage of the funds transferred so to keep from raising membership fees and mostly our insurance will not accept without original signature!!

·
topdog of blackflags
2,473 Posts
Im not an expert on paypal , but i believe they recieve a percentage of the funds transferred so to keep from raising membership fees and mostly our insurance will not accept without original signature!!
mike, there might be a day, in the near future. i think, will be able to sign documents via yer home computer. like credit card. any, done put mine in the mail.......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Digital signatures

I think there is a program on some computer programs that allow the digital signature.
I just had to fill out some important papers and ran into it on an accident on my puter.

It saved me lots of time and postage cost.

Just trying to help out.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
this next statement is directed to everyone not anyone person but all...since we as members dont send our money directly to our insurance company...WE MUST HAVE A SIGNATURE to give them for proof of application!
QSAC pays the premium up front in late dec early jan, then as members pay for membership thru out the year, QSAC recoups the money and forwards the applications.
Now if we wanted to put a deadline for everyone to have thier money in by Jan 1st and then after that you are out of luck..just is not a good idea for QSAC, its members ,or its sanctioned tracks to help them grow or surrvive. Can you imagine telling someone you have to wait until next year to join to be able to race 1/4 scale. This is why it is done the way it is done. I hope this clears things up on why you are required to mail a check along with your signature for membership. Its not because QSAC is lagging in technolgy but we are footing the bill up front so anyone can join at anytime thru out the year. This is also why we have a drawing for prizes every year at the final, for those who apply and join QSAC by March.

·
topdog of blackflags
2,473 Posts
this next statement is directed to everyone not anyone person but all...since we as members dont send our money directly to our insurance company...WE MUST HAVE A SIGNATURE to give them for proof of application!
QSAC pays the premium up front in late dec early jan, then as members pay for membership thru out the year, QSAC recoups the money and forwards the applications.
Now if we wanted to put a deadline for everyone to have thier money in by Jan 1st and then after that you are out of luck..just is not a good idea for QSAC, its members ,or its sanctioned tracks to help them grow or surrvive. Can you imagine telling someone you have to wait until next year to join to be able to race 1/4 scale. This is why it is done the way it is done. I hope this clears things up on why you are required to mail a check along with your signature for membership. Its not because QSAC is lagging in technolgy but we are footing the bill up front so anyone can join at anytime thru out the year. This is also why we have a drawing for prizes every year at the final, for those who apply and join QSAC by March.
you know, i personal know how, QSAC needs signatures for members to join and have insurance. my earlier post was in general not directed to QSAC's operations. never had a problem in mailing, because its required....:thumbsup:
i think, ya shed the light on the subject quite well for future members, good post..............:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Insurance-QSAC

For the amount of money you pay to join QSAC you can NOT find a better deal. Not for the orginazition or for the individual member. You have a lot of coverage for the small amount of money put up. With doctor and hospital cost as they are you are covered very very well for the small investment. Qsac does not make a lot of money off our membership fees if any. I don't remember the exact breakdown on cost but I know that as a NOT for Profit orginazition we well qualify. All cost associated with the purchase of materials to make ID cards and such are paid out of the general fund. All expenses are not paid by our membership fees. Not only do the officials donate there time they pay there own phone bills which can mount up when returning or making long distances calls on QSAC's behalf. Even with nationwide calling on cell phones many have limits on minutes and when you go over you pay for those minutes.
I know with the big car when we went to a track we had to either join that sanctioning body or pay a fee to cover insurance just to get into the pits. With a 4 or 5 member crew it can get costly. Also that insurance did not cover you on the way to and from the track as ours does. Thats a bonus that Mark Aldridge aquired for us (QSAC) when he was a co chair. Think about how much you get for less than $50.00 dollars. It says bargain all day long.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Fred, if I understand you right, as long as you are a QSAC member, you are covered from the time you leave home till the time you return from the track? Does this include regular season racing with a sanctioned track or NCS only?

Also, can members get a copy of the coverage plan?

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Any Insured track and QSAC member. There are tracks that carry thier own insurance, and that is OK as long as it is insured. The insurance extends to the member for the purpose of travel to and from that racing establishment as a QSAC member. At least for now that's the way it is. We will see this year, but I believe it'll be the same...

·
Registered
916 Posts
I will talk to Doreen and see if that is possible, but I don't see why not...
Jim , maybe as a suggestion the insurance policy could be posted on the QSAC web site , so it could be viewed and down loaded like the rules . This would save QSAC the cost of printing and mailing to individuals if there would be a big request for them. Also seeing as how the QSAC web site is available to the public it would be another imformational tool to advertise QSAC as a whole .

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Yep, That's what I was thinking too... I'm trying to get software that will allow me to create a digital book like you see online for various catlagues and grocery store ads. I think that will speed up the loading of the website too... The problem is it cost anywhere from $10 a page to $380 for the software to do it myself. I can just post the PDF but want to give the public and our members something better if i can...

As soon as I talk with Doreen and get the document in PDF formate, I'll post it at least...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts