Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a place I can get a list of past NCS champions and what car manufacturer they drove? Any other regional champions, etc?

Thanks much!

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
Well for starters it looks or sounds like you want to know which chassis has won more than others.

I have said this at least a hundred times. Any car can win. It all goes to who sets it up and who is driving it. Paul and his family run my cars. Yes they won everything there was to win last year. The NCS series, the Tri-State series. And from the looks if it this year it may be another slam-dunk.

I have seen Pro 1’s run incredibly fast at my track. I have watched WCM’s run super fast at our track. And of course I have watched my cars just win everything here as well. My new cage car just seems super fast and easy to tune.

My suggestion to you would be go buy a nice used car. Be more concerned that it is straight, not bent. Then go though it and make sure everything is right. I have watched so many people buy a car, then they look at that once and then boom expect it to be perfect every time. Things ware out, heim’s get tight etc. a thousand of things go wrong. They all take proper maintenance, and TLC. Once you get everything right go out and learn what everything does. What different shock oil makes the car do, change ride height, change motor position, etc. Learn what things do what to the car.

To think your going to buy X,Y, or Z car and then go set the world on fire LOL not going to happen. Baby steps and learn, remember Rome wasn’t built in a day Pick yourself up a nice used car, and look at which track your going to be running at and maybe get a car that others are running there. This way they can share their experiences with you and help you learn. I know this may not of been what you were after, but it is the truth. Any car can win on any given day !

·
Registered
441 Posts
Reno has a sprint and a sportsman. Hes not a newbie. Im sure it would just be interesting to see these results as well. If anything I would like to see the national champion in sprint and there chassis the last few years.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
QSAC Newsletter archive will help you figure out the champions. I think those letters go back to 1998? I'm not to sure about the mfgs being listed too? Once you have a list of names, I'm sure there are enough older racers on here that can give you the mfg for each champion? Example: Roger Newell - WCM :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Reno has a sprint and a sportsman. Hes not a newbie. Im sure it would just be interesting to see these results as well. If anything I would like to see the national champion in sprint and there chassis the last few years.
This one i know, Predator last 4 years.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks guys. As Dave said, I am not looking for a car just thought it would be interesting to see who won what with what car.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Sprint champions :
2001 Bob Elliott homemade
2002 Roger Newell WCM
2003 Randy Baker PRO 1 SP1
2004 Nick Beaver homemade
2005 ?
2006 Roger Newell WCM
2007 Dave Hart WCM - reworked
2008 Dennis Andrews Predator
2009 Mike Sadler Predator
2010 DC Predator
2011 Mike Sadler Predator

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Maybe some others can fill in the rest. I will see if I can come up with the 2002. The racers will have to let you know the mfgs.

Grand National: Gary Crumb
Super Truck: Eric Condit
Sportsman: Jim Bergman

Grand National: Eric Condit
Super Truck: Mike Schmidt
Sportsman: Michael Moore

Grand National: Roger Newell - WCM
Super Truck: Greg Hilber - Lightning
Novice: Brian Sykes ?
Outlaw Sprint Cars: Randy Baker - WCM
Honda Truck: Bob Claussen - WCM

Grand National: Roger Newell