Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7/30/2012

Dear QSAC Members,

I would like to announce my decision to run for the upcoming position for Co-Chair, and to be considered as a candidate for the 2012 Co-Chair Election. The ballots should be coming out soon, and must be returned to the QSAC Secretary no later than September 1st in order to be counted.

I am a retired NYC Fire Fighter, I started with the Fire Service in June 1980, I was promoted to Training Officer in 1986, where I trained probationary Fire Fighters till the end of my career. The plaque on the wall stated "Let No Mans Training Let Him Down". I saw those words every day, and it was my job to make sure that every proby had the skills needed, so that at the end of their tour they would return home safe to their families. I take great pride in everything I do, and try to do the right thing always. I was forced to retire from the greatest job in the world, due to injuries sustained from the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center.

I went to work in May 2001 for a Harley Davidson dealership, and in three months, I was promoted to Service Manager. I took a shop of seven employees, and losing money, to seventeen employees, with a gross net profit of half a million dollars in fifteen months. HD Corp. offered me two positions, at the Motor Company, and two field positions. Reluctantly I had to decline, because my children were young and still in school. I was offered a job from another HD Dealer just starting a new location at double my salary, and decided to take the job. I walked into an empty shop, and was told to build them a Service Dept. I started working there in March of 2006, and within thirty days, I had the shop up, running, completely staffed, and equipped. At the end of the year we showed a $250,000.00 Gross net profit. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, and failure is not an option, I am a no nonsense type of guy, and I will get the job done. If I don't have the answer to something, I will get it.

I feel I have the experience needed to help run the QSAC organization, as I had been on the board before it was handed over to the membership. I helped write the rules we still use today, and I held the following QSAC positions in the past; Board Member, East Coast Director, North East Director, Rules Committee, and Tech Committee. Currently I hold the position of Special Projects Chairman.

I know some of us might not always see eye to eye, but we all want the same thing, and that is to see QSAC grow, and prosper. I believe I have the background needed to lead our club, and the managerial skills needed to take us to the next level. I have a willingness to work, and serve with the co-chairs, and board. I feel we need to communicate with each other on a regular basis, and work together to help make the membership strong. If elected, I would like to add four members to every committee, so that we would have input from different perspectives. I feel the more we inform, and educate the membership, the stronger we will become as a club. I would publish an end of year financial statement, and all results from elections, or votes of changes to our club. We need to supply our directors with information that they can share with the membership, and tracks in their area.

We need to have an official QSAC forum, where we can put official news, and control how we are perceived by the rest of the world. We need more sponsors for our NCS Races to help promote our Sport. We need to work hand in hand with our manufactures, and suppliers. We need to add value to becoming a QSAC member, and have tracks encourage membership. Most importantly we need to put on a show at the NCS races. I would like to see less caution flags, and more green flag racing.

Lets face it the NCS races are the best of the best coming together to compete at different locations, and as such the NCS races should be setting the standard for all local tracks to follow. That standard should be good, clean, fun, racing, and hard earned wins. It would be nice to have the Trucks put on a special show on Friday night at the NCS races. Some could run a Truck body on friday night, and a different body on Saturday, thus using one chassis. We could get 15-20 Trucks running Friday night, just like the Boyd Hughes Race. I would seek a sponsor for this Race Event, with a point system outside of the NCS points. The NCS races are Special, and as such, it would be nice if we could turn them into an Event. I feel the Sportsman drivers should be able to run the GN/SLM class. Not all Sportsman drivers will run both classes, but it might pick up the car counts. In my mind, from what I have seen, the Sportsman class seems to be the most popular, and as such we need to figure out why.

My opinion is the membership likes the competition of more cars competing, a more relaxed, fun class, and having a better chance at winning. I personally feel I need to win races in the sportsman class before I am ready to compete with the top Racers in other classes. I would also like to see a Perpetual Throphy for Classes. The Winner of the total points would hold this trophy for a year, and have a plaque with their name added to it. Each year a new plaque would be added with the winners name, and total points. The winner would also get a smaller version of the trophy to keep, and show off. I would like to see a National Point System, kept, and a Champion Crowned who could not make the NCS Races. Although these are my thoughts, and ideas, they are not carved in stone, and are presented as ideas, and food for thought. My comments are not intended to insult, or accuse anyone of wrong doing, and as such should not be misinterpreted.

I have great respect for all the volunteers of this club, I also look forward to hearing your comments, and chatting with you.

I can promise you all, if elected, I will work hard for you, and will do my best to listen to your questions, and concerns. Please consider me when you cast your vote for Co-chair this year.

Yours Truly,
Joe DePinto

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
8/4/2010
The member and track lists have been updated through 8/3/2012. Member cards and ballots were mailed Friday, 8/3/2012 to all members on the list except One-Day members. If you do not receive your ballot by Friday, 8/10, please call me at (517) 410-3754.Ballots need to be postmarked no later than 9/1/12 to be counted. You may also vote via email to: [email protected]. Please enter "QSAC ballot - member #xxxx" in the subject line. If your membership was paid at your local track and your name is not included, please contact your track.

Doreen Brown

·
Registered
266 Posts
A comment and a request

I'd like to start out by making a couple of comments and also, to make a request of the membership.

Over the year's, I've had the pleasure of working with the current co-chairs on a couple of different levels and I have become acutely aware of the dedication, thought and research that goes into every decision, they make. Soon we will atempt to fill the shoes of Mike Sadler (This will be tough to do).

My other comment is: Even though we are suffering through one of the worst economies in the last 100 years, QSAC has managed to improve in a lot of areas.

My request is: That the member's take the time to contact D.C. and Joe personally and ask them pointed questions. Votes should not be based on personalities and rumor. You should be casting your votes armed with the necessary facts to make an intelligent decision.

There is one other point I'd like to make: The position of Co-chair, very simply means; for a change to take place, these (2) people have to be in total agreement. This is the single most important element in our by-laws.

In closing, I hope I have not offended anyone; this is just my passion for quarterscale "coming through". I hope we have a very good, voter turnout.
And, please remember: All ballot information is private!

Thanks,
Bill Scott
Western District Director/National Tech Director

·
Registered
321 Posts
Question: How do you, Joe and DC, communicate your ideas to QSAC members so they can make an informed decision? Not everyone is on HT.
I know about the post on QSAC but is that all we get? I personally would like to receive emails with your ideas.

[email protected]

Thanks,
Reno

·
Registered
669 Posts
Question: How do you, Joe and DC, communicate your ideas to QSAC members so they can make an informed decision? Not everyone is on HT.
I know about the post on QSAC but is that all we get? I personally would like to receive emails with your ideas.

[email protected]

Thanks,
Reno
Please don't take this the wrong way. The reason we elect Co-Chairs is to make decisions. The best way to get your voice heard is to fill out a suggestion form. The ballot is to vote for a Co-Chair.The questions are not votes, they are information gathering for the Co-Chairs. Maybe they were to close to call decisions or maybe one Co-chair leans one way and the other doesn't. Or maybe they just got tired of being attacked and are letting the majority make up their minds. Only they know the reason. Co-chairs communicate though QSAC.org.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I personally haven't become a member of QSAC yet. I just started racing this summer and was unsure of how often I'll get to race so I held off on sending in my money. I may still take care of it this year but either way, I will become a member for next year. I like the idea of what QSAC has to offer as a governing body. But, it's all very confusing to a newer racer like myself. And now, voting on the future of the hobby also appeals to me. But like RENO said above, is this all stated on a members ballot and that's why I'm in the dark or is there more info other than the posts that fly on hobbytalk between a select few q-scalers?

·
Registered
266 Posts

[email protected]

Thanks,
Reno
I can only speak for myself , but I am always looking for input from the members.

H.T. is not the best source for QSAC information. There is way too much mis-information on here.If you want reliable information, go to qsac.org , the rule book and if you still can't find what you're looking for, call or email any of the 15 leadership team members.

We all signed on to the membership team to promote QSAC.

The leadership team has meetings and personal correspondance and conversations on a regular basis. An example: three of us (Tony,myself and Steve Bellew),met at a breakfast meeting yesterday.

If you have any other questions, please email or call me.

Thanks
Bill Scott

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think what I said was not understood correctly. I was asking if we can get more information about the ideas of each candidate. All I have seen is what is posted on QSAC and wanted to know if they have a way to communicate their ideas to the members beyond the one newsletter. Will there be another newsletters before the election? I personally would like to know more about their ideas. Why can't they get a list of members emails and email out information? Or can they?

Anyway, here is my email if either one or both want to email me their ideas.
[email protected]

Thanks...
Reno

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think what I said was not understood correctly. I was asking if we can get more information about the ideas of each candidate. All I have seen is what is posted on QSAC and wanted to know if they have a way to communicate their ideas to the members beyond the one newsletter. Will there be another newsletters before the election? I personally would like to know more about their ideas. Why can't they get a list of members emails and email out information? Or can they?

Anyway, here is my email if either one or both want to email me their ideas.
[email protected]

Thanks...
Reno
I would email your question or questions to them both and follow up with a phone call.
Bill Scott

·
Registered
898 Posts
I would really like to hear from the two candidates, maybe have them tell us more of what they will work on and how they are going to help us move forward, I know they have both released a couple paragraphs about themselves but I dont feel that is enough to make a decision on that will effect the hobby for the next 2 years.

Lets hear it guys.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.