Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have you ever thought about paying a large amount of money for a car or cars to complete a set, that you feel will make you collection complete?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
spent too much on my Ford GT model kit WL, and I did spend a lot on the Clanader cars WL, but that one I dont think I really overpaid that much on. The only thing I suppose I would likely spend stupid boku dollars on would be a pre-production or test shot Ford GT

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
I have thought about it, but then didn't do it. It's taken me a long time, but I've gotten past the "gotta have" it stage in my collecting, now it's "maybey someday" collectings.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
All depends on the car...some I will pay good money for,others I may not feel it's worth it or the price may come down in time.

returned your pm :wave:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Yes, my wants list is on the Swap & Sell. If I can get them it'd be a nice accomplishment and just might make me feel I'm done. The trick would be just to not start any more sets. ;)

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
Sure have. I paid a ton of money for a 1/25 Mustang that I just had to have. ;) Most I ever spent on any one car.

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
yep sure did HAD TO HAVE the 95 treasure hunts (paid way to much)got caught up in that had to have it bull ttfn johnny :cool:on another note ive just spent 243.00 on 15 white lightnings and think i got a greatdeal on them

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
off topic

Hi Bill,
I noticed in my email I have 2 notices saying I've recieved pm's from you,when I log in to check my pm's I only have 1 pm.Did you send 1 or 2?
:wave:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
just depends on how much you like what you buy.and how often you see that casting show up on e-pay.like the wl bwf and blue with flame tow trucks. thay range from $20.00 on a good day and upwards to $50.00 or more and i still need 13 of them.not counting shipping. reg tow trucks range from 5 to 25 and i still need eight more of those. as of 4/24/06 i have invested $ 269.12 in this collection and dont regret it.
ive made good deals and bad. bought one tow at 20.00 and next day same truck sold for 10.00 what can ya say!! what hurts is that alot of stuff gets put in diffrent areas on e-pay. you can find them in ertel-tow- tow truck. jl tow- towwl and the list goes on. theres no way you can cover them all unless you spend 12 hrs on the computer.
so i take my lumps in stride and just enjoy what i bought no matter what. :wave:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I had bought some (more than a few) things off the bay and was feeling good cause my collection of this casting was taking some major leaps forward, which is great in any collection worth collecting. Then out of the blue or red as the case may be a certain test shot came available and it was one of those once in a life time (why take a chance), had to have no matter what, just fell in your lap, ect, ect, sort of things! I spent a few dollars on it but felt it was well worth it as it is THE POINT of my Impala collection. Though I didn't really have to defend my purchase to my wife, I did. She just patted me on the head and said that she understood, rolled her eyes at me and left the room shaking her head. I was happy! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
wildbill63 said:
Though I didn't really have to defend my purchase to my wife, I did. She just patted me on the head and said that she understood, rolled her eyes at me and left the room shaking her head. I was happy! :thumbsup:
Lucy has patience with my collecting, to a point. The few times I buy something on E Bay and it shows up at the door instead of my P.O. box, I tell her it's just another RAOK, didn't cost me a dime :lol: . You guys are great, but as far as Lucy is concerned, you're even more generous :lol:

And if she sees a new pile of Johnnie's by my desk (from recent purchases), I tell her that I'm going through a couple of boxes downstairs for return RAOKs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
779 Posts
My collection is more like an addiction.
I can't help but feel that it's infinite and the word "complete" will never apply.
As long as someone is making diecast that I like,it the madness will never end. :hat:

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just want to complete 3 old sets . I need 2 Creepster WL's, 3 Willys WL's and 4 original Street Freaks WL's and then I will be happy with my collection. The voices in the diecast room won't stop until I can get the missing pieces. :eek:

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
41-willys said:
I just want to complete 3 old sets . I need 2 Creepster WL's, 3 Willys WL's and 4 original Street Freaks WL's and then I will be happy with my collection. The voices in the diecast room won't stop until I can get the missing pieces. :eek:
I know the voices...they come from my GT shlef all the time

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
41-willys said:
You know your gonna do it sooner or later, go for it! I would. I have spent some high dollars on high wanted cars. But I dont regret it, then again I'm no longer married so no one to answer to.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I paid 20 on the club Mustang Cobra(It got destroyed thanks to me screwing with it and a friend :() and 10 for the Hemi Sweet Challenger, only times I've evber payed more than normal for a JL. It sucks when you have missing peices cause its all you can think about sometimes and it makes you go crazy cause youre never gonna find them at your local store ro through an OLD sometimes.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
It depends on what you call a "large" amount of money. Looking back, there are cars that I paid retail price for, and now it seems like it wasn't really worth it. As far as the secondary market, I never pay more than I feel comfortable with. There is nothing out there that I absolutely have to have. These cars are something I enjoy, but if I feel like I'm getting ripped off, then I'm not having fun anymore.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I dont collect any one series or type of car, But I have spent large amounts of money on WL's that I really wanted. But I have also gotten some, what I felt,great deals on other WL's that I wanted(Thanks again Stacy) so it kinda evens out.:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts