Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got another hopefully not too dumb question... Whats a Q-Car?
Just picked up another piece on ebay. El Camino Surfer, Release H Unpainted Q-Car from 1994. I thought it was kinda unique being unpainted (did JL do many cars this way?) and it fits in with my slow growing El Camino cars/trucks collection. But what the heck is Q-car?

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
I thought the "Q" stood for "questionaire"? where PM had a questionaire that if you sent it in you got, or was able to purchase(?) this Q-car set... all un-painted with, I believe, red or white, instead of chrome motors?

R

·
0 Posts
Pablo

You are correct, there was a Questionaire in a NewsFlash and if you filled it out and returned it you were able to buy a set of "Q-Cars" and the motors, interiors, etc were red, unplated plastic

zzmustang

The 2 6 car box sets weren't unpainted, they were silver chrome and the 12 car box set was gold chrome - TRU exclusives

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
...although all the information here is believable,the truth of the matter is that when PM first started,they wanted to target certain demographics.
The Q-car was targeted exclusively for the Queer population.

...and no,I don't have any.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
It was impossible to get through the phone to order your set. I thought they were a neat set. Without the original commemeratives there is NO johnny lightning. If I remember they were like $45 a set. The button says Q Car. Remember "Johnny Lightning Beats Them All". Should be able to find a set for $45 or less now. Maybe $25.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
tystik73 said:
Was the raw Mopar set a Q-Car set?
Anybody know where I can get a set?
No,the raw Mopar sets were given away randomly to Club members.
I was lucky and received the raw Hot Rod set.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the place for info, thanks for the list Pocket. Now to just find them all... got 2 so far!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts