Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Didnt take ya long to learn how to make them pictures big after reading the advice these guys gave ya. I'll explain the pic. Last winter Pairadice scored a dozen of those chrome green JL Chargers new on Ebay. Then he organized the "Charger 500". This was a special event in conjunction with our regular racing season. These guys paid 15 bucks to race a seiries of grueling races. We were allowed a short period of time to clean and do a few simple mods to the car(including a new set of Thunder Slicks). After all the fun we even got to keep the car! I believe he's got another of these races in the planning stages for this season.
Fun in the Black Hills-Circle Track DAC

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Binford Speedway, huh? Did old Tim Taylor the Tool Man himself ever race there? :)

Man I miss that show...

--rick

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually it started well before "Tool Time" (the thought anyway), for years my TM said I can't, not build any thing normal, it usually takes a shop crane to move anything I build (even if it's alum.). This included racecars, trailers, engine stands, jack stands, etc.. Even a bike rack for the back of her car (which she never did use!).

So after "Tool Time" hit the airwaves, everthing I build just naturally became a "Binford" product. Like a creeper that is stickered as a "Binford Model 69", because it is big enough you can .......on, or a trailer to haul racing gokarts on "Binford Model AKKT" - Asskickin kart trailer, well you get the idea.

Then a few years back, after we decided to resurrect the slotcar track, only one name came to mind. May have been some Vit. C12 involved (12 oz of Coors Light).

So to answer your question, no Tim Taylor has ever raced on it although Tim Allen ("I don't think so Tim") Starkey has! (DAC will get this). And I too miss the show!

Later,
Warren

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey guys,
Somebody on chat Wed. nite (1-5-05) asked why nobody posts pics with a look at the faces involved so I figured maybe old dirt should be dug up. Dont remember who asked the other nite but I told em it was just too ugly.
Grossin ya out-Circle Track DAC

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Thanks for posting the picture. I've seen pictures of that track before, probably in the HO World track picture area. I've always admired that track and its excellent scenery and inlaid track.

I do notice a common theme with slot car racers...

They're always smiling! :) :) :)

Coincidence?

·
Tweak 'em and Run
978 Posts
Hey Pairadice, I am guessing that the system is trying to tell me something... I have tried to post a pic of me and it keeps denying access...:freak: Now I know that I am not the best looking thing out there, but what the hey... :D

Jeff

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't know what to tell ya, some of the guys on this group had to coach me on posting.

This is what has worked for me - Post picture in Hobby Talk Photo Gallery.
Pull up Picture, right click for properties, copy the url and past into the "Insert Image" feature on the post page.

If this don't work........well maybe.......just maybe..........well.....beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clear to the bone!

Good Luck,
Pairadiceracing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts