Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
34,421 Posts
As a Redline it is still worth a couple of bucks in that condition. The key factor with the Classic Cord is having the roof piece still. Do you have a photo of the bottom (base) to show?

Welcome to the boards! Stick around and explore a bit with us.

·
Premium Member
9,558 Posts
Welcome to hobbytalk.com congrats. :thumbsup: The classic cord is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

·
Administrator
34,421 Posts
A pretty clean bottom! The best place to see what a person would pay for any casting at the moment is to search the ebay sold listings. I was surprised to see that the Classic Cord even in the condition yours is in - sells for more than a few bucks! I also found a "restoration" kit available for under $5.00 bucks there as well. Let us know what you end up doing with yours. Did you just find it or is it one you have had since you were a kid?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive had it since i was a kid i was cleaning and i found some of my old hot wheels and one of my friends told me that they might be worth something so i checked them out. I would like to restore it. And thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
34,421 Posts
We have a red lines thread in the hot wheels section - it is a sticky at the top of the forum thread list - if you want to share pictures of your others with us! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Welcome aboard

Yep the Cord casting itself always holds an exceptional value no matter the color or condition. Having the hood is a plus.

Look forward to any other models if have time to spare.

Cheers
Eric

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Here ya go...

On Line Redline Guide

Too bad it's in such poor shape, but I would guess it might go for $20-$25 to a restorer

Gonna have to have replacement parts; windshield, top.. and drilled out for a re-paint... which would negate the high value of the purple color

If you are on Facebook, search for Hot Wheels Garage - redline restorations. Guys there are real good, even replicating original spectraflame paints

1 - 10 of 10 Posts