Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i pulled my fly wheel and there is nothing under it, but a seal for the crank pto,also it does have one large magnet on outside of fly wheel, with a solid state coil above the fly wheel ...(engine has no spark) magnet is quit strong am wondering what kind of coil i need to get spark to plug this is a points condenser engine id like to change the coil but am confused ?any one who knows and can help a guy out id appreciate it imensely timbo

·
Registered
750 Posts
the manufacture of da engine would help alot, hp too, and model. thanks! briggs + some tecumseh have the points and condensers under the flywheel. if you find the points and condensers i would take it out and buy either one that uses 1) points condensers coil 2) solid state coil (no points condensers) 3) electric ignition coil and if you cant start it still check the compression and maybe get an electric motor starter.

MAGNETO ; COIL ALL THE SAME

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its A Techumseh Hh 120 Has Out Side Points And Condenser Also Has Solid State Type Over The Flywheel Coil Can A Spark Trigger Be Had Original Fly Wheel Has The One Long And One Short Pins On Out Side And Starter Ring Gear For Battery Ignition Just No Spark How Can I Get It Back?? Tim

·
Registered
750 Posts
umm, solid state dont use coil + condensers, so the one you hve is the old fashioned one, i would get a utility knife and get some rust off the flywheel side, thats how i fix non sparkers, and if the coil + condeners are dirty, clean them, thats usually the problem. and if that doesnt work take off the condenser off the coil and see if ya get a spark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts