Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to ask a dumb question here,I went through a weird situation this past weekend with the zen 23.I broke 2 pull ropes and on pulled out of the hole in the unit.I was told that to buy either a chainsaw or weed eater rope that was made of some material for strength.I cant remember with all what was going on.Can some of yall shed some light on this and help me out?I also would like to buy a new unit with the rope and all.Do yll know of a good company that sells parts for the ZEN motors?thanks for your help and time-kenny

·
Registered
206 Posts
Kenny give Bob W. a call I'm sure he can get ya one. I don't have any left.
As far as spare rope take a piece of the old rope to a small engine shop or lawn mower place they can match the dia and give ya sronger stuff. One thing I started checking is the eye the rope comes out of for any kind of bures and also every thing the rope passes on the side you pull it from. Mine kept on breaking till I found a bure on the bottom of my fuel filler handle when I pulled the cord it went right across the bure after a few pulls bam it was broke. Boy did I feel dumb when I found that anyway good luck with it Jim Dispennette.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That will work,I never thought of looking for a bad spot in the rubbing part.I m gonaorder a new unit from freddies and also tomorrow going to a shop and get me some good ole kevlar rope.I appreciate the help.I need all I can get -LOL

·
Registered
127 Posts
pull start

kenny 666 daves discount motors has starter assembly for the 230 part #EG-302 STARTER ASSEMBLY just 4 bolts and your good to go. $20 something.

·
Registered
290 Posts
That will work,I never thought of looking for a bad spot in the rubbing part.I m gonaorder a new unit from freddies and also tomorrow going to a shop and get me some good ole kevlar rope.I appreciate the help.I need all I can get -LOL
If you need kevlar rope for a starter rope,you might want to try fixing something else, I broke one of these yesterday,but it was 3 seasons old.:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
major HP needs major rope after he gets that he might wana mount a foot peg on it to keep the car on the ground when he pulls the rope!!

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
kenny 666 daves discount motors has starter assembly for the 230 part #EG-302 STARTER ASSEMBLY just 4 bolts and your good to go. $20 something.
And why would you pay 20 something when I sell them for 18.99 all day long :confused:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you need kevlar rope for a starter rope,you might want to try fixing something else, I broke one of these yesterday,but it was 3 seasons old.:confused:
Yeh,I havent got a chance to look real real close at it yet.It may hve been rubbing against something.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Please support the people who support QSAC and 1/4 scale racing. Freddies has a good deal. Freddies support 1/4 scale which helps everyone.

Mike
willmannracingproducts.com

·
Registered
127 Posts
Please support the people who support QSAC and 1/4 scale racing. Freddies has a good deal. Freddies support 1/4 scale which helps everyone.

Mike
willmannracingproducts.com
wow i was just trying to help the guy out if freddys has them for cheaper great.. i didnt know.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
its good to have a spare for when it happens.
speaking of starters. anyone rebuild one after taking the spring out? I did . it was actually quite painful. LOL if i ever have the spring come out again, it will go into the trash and i'll just buy the whole thing new. LOL It took me days to get it right and I was so sore after that process. never again.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I forgot to mention,I did buy a unit.I also went over and bought about 10ft of the good rope.It stated out,my rope broke on mine and we put it back in and it pulled out from the hole.I bought a used one and the guy was real nice and didnt know but,it broke to.I had never broke rope.(well on a lawnmower).we took one apart and put a new rope in it and put it on.so in one day 2 ropes broke and one pulled out of the hole.I just dont trust them so I ordered one.I was gonna let yall know (the ones who dont know like me)I think if you run under QSAC rules you have to have a pull rope assembly that matches factory zenoah parts.Please look this up before buying to make sure.I could be wrong but,I ws told this.I went ahead and to be on safe side ordered the zenoah part.I am still new at this and just started this year so please bear with me if I get something wrong.I am an old dog who can learn something-LOL

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
its good to have a spare for when it happens.
speaking of starters. anyone rebuild one after taking the spring out? I did . it was actually quite painful. LOL if i ever have the spring come out again, it will go into the trash and i'll just buy the whole thing new. LOL It took me days to get it right and I was so sore after that process. never again.
It's really not that hard if you know how to do it. I had Randy show me and it's a breeze. I even took mine apart and cleaned the excess oil and gas, lubed it up, and put it back together. My new one is still in the package after 2 years...

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
It's almost and art...LOL. The only suggestion I can give here is to wear SAFTY GLASSES when wrapping it!
It's really not that hard if you know how to do it. I had Randy show me and it's a breeze. I even took mine apart and cleaned the excess oil and gas, lubed it up, and put it back together. My new one is still in the package after 2 years...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts