Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems to be since it has TH on the roof. So is it widely known? Didn't want to let the cat out out of the bag too soon. I'll tell you why: one word. Bernie.
I'll put the story up after while. It a little long winded. Long story short Walmart employee swiping all the chases while he was stocking a full dump bin. They were the only chase cars in the entire bin that I watched be filled and was first customer to touch. Watched him pull cars but didn see what they were cause he was flipping them over.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry. I edited the pic out till I was sure. It is in fact a new super. (at least new to me both in possession and knowledge. )

Plus I found this cool ground pounders chase car.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
That's really cool!

·
Registered
739 Posts
I bet I went through about 1500 cars today in a Wally bin. Many were the VW. It would be a shame to have missed it. Always pays to know what to look for. The eyes get trained!

·
Registered
834 Posts
I was out the night that vw was shipped to my city, hit up about 7 walmarts no reg, no super, no dw1 not even an error in about 12 cases i was the 1st 2 didnt find nothing that night! congrats on your score! I sent you a pm about the extra you have!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Just stumbled upon my first dump bin. What a story. So I stop by the Walmart in Elton mD and look at the hotwheels and it was the same a a couple weeks ago. So I mill through the M2 cars and find a chase mustang GP. I start to wander and the hotwheels name on a bunch of boxes catches my eye here to find an old man an woman with the boxe and the old man is dropping cars into it after looking at them pickin one or two out here an there saying nope don't have that one and setting I in a side pile. They worked there and we're stocking the new bin. That's why you can't find anything. The workers are swiping them. I witnessed it first hand. Put them in a box and took them away. So I played dumb asking what the box was all about blah blah blah. He tells me about things and such and that there were also secret ones but he has only ever found one. I dug through that entire bin and found nothing my fest time through. Not even a reg. so then the lady comes backhand hands me a few says they were extras that don't fit one the other end cap. Hands me A DW1. Score.*
So then then old man says oh there are 2 more displays. I go through them nothing. Now mind you they are still virgin (to customers anyway). So then all of a sudden something catches my eye. The wheels of the beetle super. He obviously didn't know about then either. Bernie at the Elkton, MD Walmart had a bunch of other cars in the box he took away for himself. All the chases except those beetles. So there you have it folks first hand that the employees swipin the chase before their pegged at many stores in no myth.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I would have complained to Management ! Such actions are uncalled for! If the Mgr did not show concern, I would notify Corporate Customer Relations and threaten to no longer shop there or at that Chain !

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Save your time, walmart doesn't care, at the wally near me, the local Vacuum..ooops i mean hw guy would offer to set up the bins so the old toy lady wouldn't have to, she fell for it every time...the same vacuum was caught in a wally back room going thru cases, when caught and questioned, he claimed he paid a stock boy to show him where they were, he was banned.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought about it then I remembered one of the guys here the works at Walmart stating that it was a grounds for dismissal ( their being paid to work not shop) and I didn't want to take food out his mouth over some toy cars despite how frustrating it was to know I'm wasting my time shopping there. Might let them know I wont shop there anymore without naming BERNIE.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Just stumbled upon my first dump bin. What a story. So I stop by the Walmart in Elton mD and look at the hotwheels and it was the same a a couple weeks ago. So I mill through the M2 cars and find a chase mustang GP. I start to wander and the hotwheels name on a bunch of boxes catches my eye here to find an old man an woman with the boxe and the old man is dropping cars into it after looking at them pickin one or two out here an there saying nope don't have that one and setting I in a side pile. They worked there and we're stocking the new bin. WTF. That's why you can't find anything. The workers are swiping them. I witnessed it first hand. Put them in a box and took them away. So I played dumb asking what the box was all about blah blah blah. He tells me about things and such and that there were also secret ones but he has only ever found one. I dug through that entire bin and found nothing my fest time through. Not even a reg. so then the lady comes backhand hands me a few says they were extras that don't fit one the other end cap. Hands me A DW1. Score.*
So then then old man says oh there are 2 more displays. I go through them nothing. Now mind you they are still virgin (to customers anyway). So then all of a sudden something catches my eye. The wheels of the beetle super. He obviously didn't know about then either. Bernie at the Elkton, MD Walmart had a bunch of other cars in the box he took away for himself. All the chases except those beetles. So there you have it folks first hand that the employees swipin the chase before their pegged at many stores in no myth.
It happens everyday that the employees take everything before the HWs hit the pegs

I would have complained to Management ! Such actions are uncalled for! If the Mgr did not show concern, I would notify Corporate Customer Relations and threaten to no longer shop there or at that Chain !
Wouldn't do any good to report as many managers are in on the scheme in taking anything or everything that can be flipped for a buck

Save your time, walmart doesn't care, at the wally near me, the local Vacuum..ooops i mean hw guy would offer to set up the bins so the old toy lady wouldn't have to, she fell for it every time...the same vacuum was caught in a wally back room going thru cases, when caught and questioned, he claimed he paid a stock boy to show him where they were, he was banned.
Craig is right ... Reporting something like this to the Corp wouldn't stop the insiders as they are in control of the frieght first before it ever hits the floor ...

·
Premium Member
9,254 Posts
Nice Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Those people come and go, we have had a few over the years. Big revolving door a Wally's. 6mos from now he'll probably be gone. We had a young dude snatching hunts a few years back at one of our WMs, the toy manager found out because he was not paying for them. For about 6mos that WM did not get any HW and the rack was completely empty the whole time. When she checked the on hand inventory she found that she was supposed to have over 200 cars in stock and in reality had less than 20. She straightened it out and then a local loudmouth collector educated her on hunts and the she started snagging them. She did it for close to a year, then she left. It happens, and NO, Walmart doesn't care at all, that's why I don't care and if I see boxes of something I want on a pallet I rip it open like I own it, grab what I want and leave. I always fold and close the boxes when I'm done out of consideration but I do not wait for help from an employee. I don't want them learning on my watch.

·
Banned
255 Posts
I was out the night that vw was shipped to my city, hit up about 7 walmarts no reg, no super, no dw1 not even an error in about 12 cases i was the 1st 2 didnt find nothing that night! congrats on your score! I sent you a pm about the extra you have!
Just curious how you new when the VW was hitting your city buddy?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts