Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Wii

Votes: 11 40.7%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
Hard to say.
I bought my kids a X-Box360 for Christmas because it seemed to have great graphics at a decent price with good game selection.
The Wii looked like it might be fun for the kids and I considered it but then decided against it because of the graphics and game selection.
PS3 was near impossible to get which really took it out of the equation. It's list price is kind of steep though really a good deal if you factor in the blu-ray playing DVD player.

Personaly I stick to PC gaming myself. I like the raw horsepower (frame rates, etc) I can get out of my system even though it comes at a step price.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
I'd have to say that I'd take the Wii out of the consoles. I was dispointed the first time I played a PS3 in Target, absolutely no anti-aliasing! But that's a software deal I think, and I'm still waiting for Gran Turismo 5. Once that comes out, I might prefer the PS3, idk. And well there's not much there for me on the 360, all the good games on it will be or are for PC.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I like the PS3 because it has everything built right into it. Watched "Crank" on BluRay last night, my wife listened to Sade on it (it's jacked into the HTS) while cleaning house on Saturday. We have a Bluetooth headset, the system has built in wifi for our wireless network. Resistance is a great game. It will only get better. All that said, we have a 360 and a Wii. My son LOVES the Wii, because of Zelda!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
My son is 17, so he kind of grew up on the various Zelda games. He absolutely loves this one! I have to admit, the way they integrated the controller into the game is genius!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
i had to say 360 because, i have seen nvidia made the graphics chip, it does appear to be more like a pc (possible software upgrades?) and i saw that there is a company making a watercooliing block for it (which to me implies overclockability like a pc).

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have a wii, had a ps3 and played lots of x360, as far as graphics go, wii is definatly lowest, but to go with the lesser graphics is the lesser price tag. The wii is extremely addictive and easly portable, when i had a ps3 it was to bulky to haul around, and to expensive to replace it mishandled, x360 is a good allaround console, good games and good graphics, but still expensive. SO the final answer is you will get thw best bang for the buck with the wii, it has alot of potential and and just plan fun, x360 is a close second, a little pricy but good 3rd party support followed with good graphic. and the ps3 is easly 3rd, way to expensive, games are too price, graphics look amazing though but its not enough, o and its blu-ray , in my mind is going to die to hd-dvd but that just another story :p

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
i still say 360. the ps3 is big and bulky, the wii is just lame (i was never a big fan of nintendo as i wanted quality) the wii is good for children since most of the games are geared for an age bracket of 17 or less, the ps3 and 360 are both geared for 17 and up, however with the size of it and the cost of it it is not worth it (not even for blue ray) i can spend the same amount and put a blue ray player in my pc. and the best part of the 360, some games are for 360 and pc only and 360 users can play online with pc users

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
LOL i do not have a 360 (they cost to much for me to own oneLOL) still it is better to have had to repair your 360 twice as opposed to a ps3 my friend has that is in for it's 5th time for one reason or another, besides i hear this and that about systems constantly being in the shop and being broken and what not however i have yet to get a system that did not last me. i still have my sega cd and it is working just as it did when i bought it new and yes all of the hook ups and power supply are the ones that came with it in the box

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
nope, i have played on all of them though, and none of them hold a candle to my pc. i would like a 360 elite but at 449.99 i cannot afford it. the games on the wii just seem really childish to me, and as for the ps3 this thing is almost as big as my mid size pc towermost people have a preference as to which they like mine is the 360. however i can fire up my pc and play against 360 gamers online. also the 360 has titles that the ps3 and wii do not, bioshock being one of them. it seems to me that microsoft is going to be having pc game titles also made in a 360 format.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
My PS3 does double duty. It's in the entertainment center and I use it for watching movies as much as gaming. The games will come. We are looking forward to Killzone 2 and MGS:4. There is a lot of upside to the PS3. Personally, I never liked PC gaming, except for Starcraft.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
some do not like pc gaming i game with mine on occasion, bioshock is great and from what i have seen so will crysis. these 2 titles as of now are only available on pc, and 360 and i believe shadowrun is also pc/360 only

1 - 20 of 22 Posts