Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Proving Grounds is going to become a reality in a few short weeks. With Halloween approaching and the track opening soon, we felt this is the time to start to schedule events for this winters indoor race season!

The first event we would like to announce is the Halloween Havoc race scheduled for Friday October 30. Doors open at 6:00PM racing will begin at 8:00PM. More details to follow soon!

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have discussed both ideas, and others. We will decide shortly and let everyone know. Is there a preference on the racers parts?

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Start it off right!!! Have a big payback!!! Have everyone put up an extra 5$ or whatever and it goes to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each main!!! That will get everyone out for sure!!!

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Proving Grounds is going to become a reality in a few short weeks. With Halloween approaching and the track opening soon, we felt this is the time to start to schedule events for this winters indoor race season!

The first event we would like to announce is the Halloween Havoc race scheduled for Friday October 30. Doors open at 6:00PM racing will begin at 7:00PM. More details to follow soon!
is this an electric only night or is this all nitro and electric?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Any idea of a start time? Would like to come but wouldn't be able to make it until after school/work and it is a 2 1/2 hour drive.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any idea of a start time? Would like to come but wouldn't be able to make it until after school/work and it is a 2 1/2 hour drive.
Hi Nancy / Dakotah,

What time would you be able to make it here by? Since it is a Friday night, we can work the schedule around.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is this an electric only night or is this all nitro and electric?
I had thought about running both, but I should ask before hand (because I know how some racers are) are there any objections to running nitro and electric on the same night for this event?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I had thought about running both, but I should ask before hand (because I know how some racers are) are there any objections to running nitro and electric on the same night for this event?
I think that would be cool just to have everyone together one big family party for the opening of Proving Grounds:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I might have to remove my question, I have gotten enough PM's to know that the electric guys dont want to be on the track breathing nitro fumes. So I will come up with a plan B.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lets not start the nitro vs. electric stuff okay? I happen to love nitro, but cant stand the fumes indoors from them. So I can relate to everyone else who shares that view. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Start with electrics, run a short program, send them home and have the big boys race nitros after that...

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
no one knows how bad its going to get yet... buglite, its not fair to the electric or nitro guys to race on sunday, when the event is on a friday... i understand the concern the electric guys have but to make it fair have nitro guys marshall nitro guys, could we do something like that??

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
no one knows how bad its going to get yet... buglite, its not fair to the electric or nitro guys to race on sunday, when the event is on a friday... i understand the concern the electric guys have but to make it fair have nitro guys marshall nitro guys, could we do something like that??
The pit is seperated from the track, so that should be fumeless, however, when the electrics have to race after the nitros, there will be fumes in the building. Nobody knows how bad it will be, but chances are that it is pretty noticeable...

1 - 20 of 105 Posts