Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sometimes it takes several tries to get good quality high resolution parts. So, what do you do... In the mean time a failed part did allow me to test out the hidden wire channels.

Here are the wires placed in the exposed channel on the bottom and passing through the part to the other side.

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/af5cca_cf27da32de424a76808c92ac27e8adf7.jpg_srb_p_1228_952_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

Here is the wing root place holder hiding the wires while showing the ends passing out into the engine bay area and out the top of the wing mount.

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/af5cca_2d01cedb0d524c84be38ebcc63c48cc2.jpg_srb_p_875_952_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

In spite of the delays I must say I'm quite excited about how this is working out with the hidden wire channels. :)

Also, scaling up and modification of the design for the 1:35 scale Pro-Shop is progressing nicely.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It's been a long time since I made progress on this project but I'm back with some major updates on the 1:35 scale implementation of this mechanism.

I can now completely manufacture one of these units on my 3D printers. The 1:48 scale MPC unit that this thread started with is going through cost reduction efforts and revisions in hopes that I can print them completely on my machines as well.

Here are some images of the 1:35 scale progress. The design log is here: http://hagoth.wixsite.com/the-brass-ball/pm-1b

Design work

Here are some pictures of the parts being manufactured on one of my printers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Test fitting into the model kit. A huge shout out to Millennium Falsehood for loaning me his kit to do fit and function testing on. I could not have done this kit without his generosity.

...and the completed functioning unit...

...installed in the model.

Assembly and function test video coming soon...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Latest build log update:

Here is the link to the 12 min assembly and installation video for the PM-1B mechanism for the Pro Shop 1:35 scale X-Wing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It's been a long time but here is my latest progress for the 1:35 Pro Shop version with folding wing root panels installed. I have a similar update to the current production version of the 1:48 MPC mechanism planned. I can now print everything on my printers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's been a long time but here is my latest progress for the 1:35 Pro Shop version with folding wing root panels installed. I have a similar update to the current production version of the 1:48 MPC mechanism planned. I can now print everything on my printers.

Can we order these sets?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Can we order these sets?
Hi David, yes, you can order them. I still need to update my website to properly include all the information. For now you can email me at jade-at-sfcn.org.

1:48 MPC mechanism is $36
1:35 Pro Shop mechanism is $65
1:35 Pro Shop mechanism with folding wing root panels will be $70
...Plus shipping

The units come cleaned of support material and are assembled with micro wires installed for engine lights but are not glued together. Wing root panels are not glued in either. Lead time is generally a week or less to print one and ship.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts