Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gentlemen its been a while since the release of a new Oval body from Protoform.

That is about to change. Protoform is releasing a new body:
the"2004 Dodge R/T Medium Downforce" body.

The testing is still in its early stages but so far the team drivers are giving it positive reviews.

This body will bridge the gap between a Speedway and High Downforce body.
All the great turning of an HD body but still retains the efficiency in the straights of a Speedway body.

The body features a built in spoiler (approx 1/4" high). If you need additonal downforce you add the spoiler provided and cut it to the desired height you need.

Expected release date is Oct 15, 2004 so check it out.

See Pics Below

Thanks
Eric H.
Team Protoform/PRS/Finishline/SRC/BSR/Hyperdrive/KC Motors

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Thanks Eric! I've been running the Protoform Dodges for a long time & I can't wait for this one to come out. Is it Oct 15th yet??? LOL

-George

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
FYI Guys --

We'll have them in stock at LEFTHANDER R/C just as soon as the distributors have them in their hands. I'll post again as soon as we have them in stock.

Thx!

Good racin'

Jeff.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Like Erock said We have been testing this body at a variety of tracks and look for more new ideas from PROTOFORM direct from nascar gargages very soon .....GOta love the detail and superior craftmanship of PROTOFORM

SRM

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I like the step all the way down the sides and the nose looks like it will plant the front end instead of push air around it. I want one STAT!!!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
can anyone give me their opinion of the:
protoform
1220 monte
1222 intrepid
1223 monte hd

how do they compare balance and downforce wise to you?

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
c barsalow said:
can anyone give me their opinion of the:
protoform
1220 monte
1222 intrepid
1223 monte hd

how do they compare balance and downforce wise to you?
I've run the 1222 and the 1223 on flat carpet tracks and the 1223 on banked concrete oval (caps).

The 1223 HD Monte just plain turns ! -- it'll turn on a dime and give you change back !! It is great for flat carpet tracks and I love it out doors on the concrete oval we run on.

I have also run the 1222 Dodge on the flat carpet track -- also good -- more balanced and not as aggressive turning in -- it needs a little different car setup for flat carpet, but it can be just as fast or faster than the HD chevy -- for my Hyperdrive, it was about 2 spring rates softer needed in the front end. The Dodge is a more balanced feel in my opinon and doesn't feel as agressive.

Hope that helps.

Jeff.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Chuck,

I can't really comment too much on the 1220 Monte as I have never ran one. From guys I know who have ran them they fit inbetween the Dodge and HD Monte as far as downforce goes.

1221 Taurus - Has the least amount of downforce - great for Stock Banked Oval and in some cases even work in 19T on banked tracks.

1222 Dodge - Most commonly used in stock class on flat tracks and a good 19T banked track body.

1223 Monte HD - Has the most overall downforce and turning capabilities of all the bodies, definately a flat track body, I have seen it used in all classes on flat rug and also used for Mod racing on banked tracks and low grip apshalt and cap tire tracks.

1224 Dodge R/T MD - Medium downforce body adds the best of both worlds, the turning of an HD body with less overall drag than the HD monte down the straights. So far in testing I have gone down about 8-10 clicks of dual rate just by switching from the Taurus to this body.

Hope that helps out

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Definitely helps. I haven't raced in a while so getting a little insight is truly helpful. The profiles looked like they would respond as you both stated. Turning down that dual rate means less scrub and faster laps...!

1 - 20 of 188 Posts