Hobbyist Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mate I No Use Humbrol But I Got 20 Revell Paint To Pick For My Bird Of Pray Do U No The Numbers For A Bird Of Pray What Greens And Wether They Should Be Silks Or Mats Or Gloss Help Me Mate Do U No Any Site S == Wid Da Painting Guides And Paint Lists Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Ah, I think I see why he thinks "this site is sh*t" - at midnight he made 5 posts within half an hour in the new user introduction thread asking about the paint colors for the KBoP and no one answered him. Now he posts in a thread about local hobby shops.

Perhaps creating a new thread with a title that hints at what his question is would be better than posting in established threads that have nothing whatsoever to do with the KBoP.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
ah, thank you. As I get older the harder it is to "get" this stuff . What really baffles me is
"oh snap".....

·
Registered
151 Posts
G&G Model Shop on Times Blvd. in West University Place (a small city inside of Houston). They're officially a model railroading store, but they're near Rice University and the students of architecture and engineering buy their modeling supplies there. Because of this, they carry nearly the complete lines of Plastruct and Evergreen. Not to mention all the cool model railroading detail parts. Nice selection of kits, too. The place is scratchbuilding heaven.

Tom

·
Registered
646 Posts
Two in the Portland Oregon area:

Bridgetown Hobbies
3350 N.E. Sandy Blvd
Portland, Oregon 97232
503-234-1881
http://bthobbies.com/

Tammie's Hobbies
12024 SW Canyon Road
Beaverton, Oregon 97005
503-644-4535
http://tammieshobbies.com

In Portland Oregon Bridgetown Hobbies is under new management as of yesterday 7 - 1 - 11, but the new owner is a modeler and I was told he's dedicated to supply us with all aspects of this hobby. Karl

·
Oxidation Genius
31,172 Posts
Found a new/old hobby shop nearby. By that, I mean it's been there for decades, but I'd forgotten about it because I'd only been there once 20 years ago, and it's not an easy drive for me to get to.

TECH-TOYS®
370 Route 46 West,
Parsippany, N.J. 07054
Phone 973-227-7012
FAX 973-227-5032
http://www.tech-toys.com/

They basically cram as many model kits of all types, R/C and other stuff into a highway store as they can and still have room for overweight middle-aged men to navigate. I mean, kits are piled high on the counters, kits are on standing racks, kits are on old comic-book racks, kits are in the corners and on the floor. New kits, old kits, OOP kits, plastic kits, vinyl kits. It was like being a kid again.

The pictures on their website are very old. There is NO free floorspace in that shop any more.

·
Registered
66 Posts
OK, Tidewater Virginia area - Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Hampton, Newport News, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, etc.

Denbigh Hobby
14351 Warwick Boulevard
Newport News, VA 23602-3754
(757) 874-5708

Great selection of kits. Styrene, Tamiya, and full MM paints. Dan & his son Mike are both real modelers, so they know what is what. If they don't have it they will be happy to order it for you. If you want to make sure you don't miss an issue of a magazine, they will keep one in a file for you (just don't forget to buy it!).

HobbyTown
12731 Jefferson Avenue
Newport News, VA 23602
(757) 890-4515

Good selection of kits, couple of paint lines, lots of RC.

HobbyTown
4000 Virginia Beach Blvd # 196
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
(757) 306-4760

Not as many kits, several paint lines, including Games Workshop, Tamiya, Pollyscale, MM. Lots of RC. Both Evergreen and Plastruct.

Train Paces:

Dale's
5880 Poplar Hall Drive, Norfolk
(757) 461-3636

Many scales of trains and accessories. Supplies, but no non-train kits

Davis Hobby Supplies
All train stuff, some supplies.

There are some other RC themes places around, but I haven't been to those.

Kev

·
Registered
17 Posts
Galaxy Hobby in Lynnwood, WA is amazing. I had a conference in Seattle this past week, and stayed about a mile down the road from GH.

Loved it.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts