Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please explain this to me? I think i get the drift but i want to make sure before i send in my ballot
thanks Mike

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
It is just that.

If you see a racer and want that engine, you can put up your money and claim it.

SEVERAL things would have to be clarified.

The following would need to be true to claim an engine.

To claim an engine YOU must be in the same CLASS and RACE as the racer whose engine you want. If this comes to pass, I say only in the MAINS.

The $$$ needs to be high enough to discourage someone just buying up engines but low enough for it to be attainable.

Would the carb, air filter, outer wears and etc., be included or just be for the engine itself. If you want the carb, do you add the $$ or what?

Me personally I am not really for this. I look at it this way. If you need to cheat up an engine to beat me for a bowling trophy or to say you beat me with our toy cars, save yourself the money and come see me, I will buy you the trophy. :D

Go to work on the chassis, if it a decent one, the engine will take care of itself.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
No problem.

Allow me to clarify. These are MY OPINIONS on how it would/could/should work. I have not talked to anyone within QSAC, nor am I speaking for them.

Just a racer thinking out load and trying to help.

·
Registered
398 Posts
No problem.

Allow me to clarify. These are MY OPINIONS on how it would/could/should work. I have not talked to anyone within QSAC, nor am I speaking for them.

Just a racer thinking out load and trying to help.
just my two cents, claimer rule would be good at national events and should also be for the carb and exhaust. also there should be a protest rule but should be for the amount to take the motor apart,if there is mods to it the owner pays if no mods found, the protester pays. ray

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Ray, there is a protest rule already in place in the QSAC rulebook.

Page 15:

Protests In the event it becomes necessary, a competitor has the right to submit a protest. If a protest is submitted, it must clearly and specifi-cally state what is being protested, referencing the applicable rule (s) being violated. Only those issues specifically protested will be inspected or investigated.

In the event that a violation is inadver-tently discovered during the inspection process that is not identified specifically by the submitted protest, it will be noted, however no penalty would be assessed. A protest fee of $25.00 (cash) shall be applicable to each protest submitted. If the ruling is in favor of the protest, the fee will be re-turned to the protestor. If the ruling is unfavorable, the fee will be forfeited to the host club.

In the event of an unfavorable ruling re-garding the disassembly of a motor or carburetor, the fee will be forfeited to the protested competitor to offset the cost of re-assembly of his or her equipment. Only a driver in the specific heat race or main event in which the violation or infraction occurred may submit a protest. The written protest, including the cash fee, must be submitted to the Chairman of the Protest Committee, Race Director, or ranking QSAC official present, within ten minutes of the conclusion of the heat race or main event in question.

If the specific protest may impact the com-petitors involved in the next scheduled heat race or main event, that heat race or main event shall be delayed until the protest is ruled on. In establishing the penalty for a favorable protest ruling, the nature and intent of the infraction and the degree of competitive advantage will be taken into consideration. Penalties may range from a warning to disqualification from the event.

Protest rulings are considered final.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Ray, there is a protest rule already in place in the QSAC rulebook.

Page 15:

Protests In the event it becomes necessary, a competitor has the right to submit a protest. If a protest is submitted, it must clearly and specifi-cally state what is being protested, referencing the applicable rule (s) being violated. Only those issues specifically protested will be inspected or investigated.

In the event that a violation is inadver-tently discovered during the inspection process that is not identified specifically by the submitted protest, it will be noted, however no penalty would be assessed. A protest fee of $25.00 (cash) shall be applicable to each protest submitted. If the ruling is in favor of the protest, the fee will be re-turned to the protestor. If the ruling is unfavorable, the fee will be forfeited to the host club.

In the event of an unfavorable ruling re-garding the disassembly of a motor or carburetor, the fee will be forfeited to the protested competitor to offset the cost of re-assembly of his or her equipment. Only a driver in the specific heat race or main event in which the violation or infraction occurred may submit a protest. The written protest, including the cash fee, must be submitted to the Chairman of the Protest Committee, Race Director, or ranking QSAC official present, within ten minutes of the conclusion of the heat race or main event in question.

If the specific protest may impact the com-petitors involved in the next scheduled heat race or main event, that heat race or main event shall be delayed until the protest is ruled on. In establishing the penalty for a favorable protest ruling, the nature and intent of the infraction and the degree of competitive advantage will be taken into consideration. Penalties may range from a warning to disqualification from the event.

Protest rulings are considered final.
thanks scott, what i was trying to say is the 25 bucks is not enough of a penalty to discurage mods to the QSAC rules, thanks again, ray

·
Registered
321 Posts
This is a HOBBY and now someone is going to take a motor? For how much?
And what if they don't give up the motor? DQ for that event or what?
I think we are treading on thin ice when we start this type of claiming.
Rules are great but at some point it takes the fun out of it.
Believe it or not, this isn't NACAR!
Do you really think this helps get new people interested in our sport?

Everyone talks about growing the sport. All I can say is be careful if you want new people to get involved.

Steve McClintock

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts

Everyone talks about growing the sport. All I can say is be careful if you want new people to get involved.

Steve McClintock

Well put.

I don't think you can "claim" motors in NASCAR either.

Btw - I want 3K dollars for my motor. j/k....I know it was only about $250.00 new, but I could use the extra cash. LOL

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes it was a question on the ballot, and the only reason i started this thread was because i was looking for some clarification as to what they had in mind:thumbsup:

·
Registered
321 Posts
yes it was a question on the ballot, and the only reason i started this thread was because i was looking for some clarification as to what they had in mind:thumbsup:
I know it was on there but I can't remember if it said only NCS races. Did it?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mike
This is QSAC asking for member input on something several racers have voiced some interest in, just a talking point.QSAC has no plans at this time.
The fact is QSAC would love to here anything that is on your mind concerning QSAC,just send along with your ballot
Also local clubs can modify the rules to suite there needs for local races, as long as it does not conflict with QSAC safety mandates.
Bill

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Mike

Also local clubs can modify the rules to suite there needs, as long as it does not conflict with QSAC safety mandates.
Bill

This has got to be single most overlooked thing when it comes to Local Racing.

Do WHATEVER it is that makes your racers HAVE FUN and your numbers grow. The only time classes matter is at a QSAC event.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Think

You know I don't come on here alot for the simple fact that people need to think before they open there pie holes.

If QSAC would ever grow a "set" and look at the motor and how it functions and not the persons name on it, maybe they would figure it out. To me this is like the "BS" spark plug crap that nobody can figure out. Plain and simple, go to a WKA of 1/4 midget national event and look, listen and talk to engine builders. God gave you (2) ears for a reason. Everybody is always whining about cheating. Trust me I see many a motor come through this shop and the stuff I see is unbelievable.

I am not putting anyone down but (1) year ago I made a suggustion to QSAC about tech. But like everything else if fell on deaf ears.

Trust me I have been told many a time that I cheat, but guess what. Not going to happen out of this race shop. I take pride in what I do, so if I am a cheating then call me or better yet say it to my face like a real man.

So in closing, until QSAC gets its head out of their _____, maybe i will stand up for them. Until then I will build the fastest dam motors I can for everyone to enjoy

Just ask the Hilbers, Reno, Jim Turner and list goes on

Oh by the way since I am in a good mood. The Hilbers ran the backup motors I built for them this weekend at the NCS race. Oh darn I forgot they are team drivers and get their $ 525.00 motors for "FREE"

·
Registered
460 Posts

Steve McClintock
Exactly, I 100% agree.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Ain't nobody tearing my motor down, unless they put it back exactly like it was. And aint nobody damn sure claiming my motor.

You might think, well he must be cheating if he has a problem with it. No, I
have a problem with it because I like to race the damn thing, not work on it.

That's probably why I haven't won an A-Main yet, but that is what it is.

I spend money to race my car, I'm not making money.

I understand there has to be rules to make sure no one is cheating, but some of this stuff is a little REDICULOUS!

·
Turning Left
323 Posts
Exactly, I 100% agree.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Ain't nobody tearing my motor down, unless they put it back exactly like it was.

Well you better not draw the wrong card when you finish in the top 3 at an NCS race....Lol! All you get is your own box full of parts....

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
You know I don't come on here alot for the simple fact that people need to think before they open there pie holes.

If QSAC would ever grow a "set" and look at the motor and how it functions and not the persons name on it, maybe they would figure it out. To me this is like the "BS" spark plug crap that nobody can figure out. Plain and simple, go to a WKA of 1/4 midget national event and look, listen and talk to engine builders. God gave you (2) ears for a reason. Everybody is always whining about cheating. Trust me I see many a motor come through this shop and the stuff I see is unbelievable.

I am not putting anyone down but (1) year ago I made a suggustion to QSAC about tech. But like everything else if fell on deaf ears.

Trust me I have been told many a time that I cheat, but guess what. Not going to happen out of this race shop. I take pride in what I do, so if I am a cheating then call me or better yet say it to my face like a real man.

So in closing, until QSAC gets its head out of their _____, maybe i will stand up for them. Until then I will build the fastest dam motors I can for everyone to enjoy

Just ask the Hilbers, Reno, Jim Turner and list goes on

Oh by the way since I am in a good mood. The Hilbers ran the backup motors I built for them this weekend at the NCS race. Oh darn I forgot they are team drivers and get their $ 525.00 motors for "FREE"
It seems you have lost some phone numbers, they are all still on the QSAC website under contacts. But since you have brought it here, why dont you share with all of us what your suggestion was to QSAC that you say fell on deaf ears????????

1 - 20 of 66 Posts