Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put it together last night and just for fun moved the parts i was trying to balance on the shaft after marking the light spot. Well the light spot moved making me believe the balancer was out of balance. Upon spinning just the cones and the shaft I found that if i re-oriented the cones the light spot changed...

HELP!

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
I put it together last night and just for fun moved the parts i was trying to balance on the shaft after marking the light spot. Well the light spot moved making me believe the balancer was out of balance. Upon spinning just the cones and the shaft I found that if i re-oriented the cones the light spot changed...

HELP!

:thumbsup:
Which Prop balancer do you have a Top Flight?

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Well did you follow the directions for the assembly of the balancer unit? The clear magnet protectors if left off will cause the same effect. Also make sure of the shaft gap between the magnets.
I have been using a unit like yours for years and have balanced everything from spinners to props without fail.

If you are new to this balancer I suggest trying several times to make sure that your item is balanced correctly. Remember you technique for using the balancer is just as important as the balancer itself. Free flowing air around or near the balancer will also effect the out come as well as a noncentered item on the balancer shaft.

If you are unsure of the balancer or your technique do what I did sevaral years ago. Go to you LHS and purchase a Top Flight wood 11-5 balanced prop and practice with you unit. This will dispell any ideas or problems your may have with your unit.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I am missing the clear magnet protectors. My shaft is touching the magnet
I didn't get any directions.

I'll check their site for the instructions.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
I guess I am missing the clear magnet protectors. My shaft is touching the magnet
I didn't get any directions.

I'll check their site for the instructions.
http://www.top-flite.com/accys/topq5700.html
Here's the link to read or download the manual. It will help you out a lot. the clear PVC magnet protectors are a must install. The cut down on a metal to metal surface and will provide a better balance out of your system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts