Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
would be cool, could go to USAC too.

A friend of mine came up with really a great idea years ago. He said that all the 1/4 scale manufacturers should get together and go in onto some advertising in magazines. RC or full racing. Everyone would be included in one ad and it would break up the cost 5 ways or more? Heck, I would chip in for LRU or QSL.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Maybe should think of some sort of folder, spnsered by QSAC and paid for by the mfg of cars and aftermarket parts. 12 of them could be sent free to members when they receive there membership card. Clubs could receive several with there sanction papers, these could be given out at mall shows race tracks various places of promotion. RACO used to advertise in the program at the Knoxville Nationals as well as having a booth. Set up a table at your saterday night races. The Fort Dodge club sets up the same days as the airplane mall show, gives the show a little varity Have seen the same thing done in Mason City Ia Just a few ideas

·
Registered
290 Posts
QSAC should join in with the car manufacturers & split the advertising. kind of a you wash my back & I will wash yours ( figuratively speaking). I have mentioned in another thread If QSAC picked a favorite charity,to support they would promote what we do.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
There are simple and inexpensive ways to get QSAC out there. Put QSAC on Facebook, My Space, send bumper stickers with memberships, a downloadable logo to be used on this and other forums as avatars and for email signatures. Business cards & flyers posted on bulliten boards at malls and stores.

Someone report QSAC missing...that will get them put on the back of a milk carton. :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
If QSAC started a drive to raise funds for the promotion of 1/4 scale racing I would be glad to make a donation to it, as long as it would be strickly used for promotion only. The biggest thing is getting the word out. I have been a promoter for 20 years. I have had better luck with billboard ads than radio. If the guys that raced at each track would take up just a little of the responsibility of getting the word out and not leave it to just the track or QSAC. We could see this sport grow. For instance in April when everyone is getting the itch if each guy would donate say $20.00 if you have 15 guys thats $300.00 that will buy a billboard for thirty days in some areas....Pictures, Track location, race times, and if it was more cost then maybe the track could help out with some of the expence. If we expect the manufacturers and tracks and qsac to do it all, it would not be fair. We as racers need to get involved and promote, promote, promote. Bring your buddies that don't race to the track once and let them take a few laps, sometimes that is all it takes

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
I agree! Add a "Donate Button" to the QSAC site. Yeah sure, we could mail in checks but we as racers like the quick method! :thumbsup:
If QSAC started a drive to raise funds for the promotion of 1/4 scale racing I would be glad to make a donation to it, as long as it would be strickly used for promotion only. The biggest thing is getting the word out. I have been a promoter for 20 years. I have had better luck with billboard ads than radio. If the guys that raced at each track would take up just a little of the responsibility of getting the word out and not leave it to just the track or QSAC. We could see this sport grow. For instance in April when everyone is getting the itch if each guy would donate say $20.00 if you have 15 guys thats $300.00 that will buy a billboard for thirty days in some areas....Pictures, Track location, race times, and if it was more cost then maybe the track could help out with some of the expence. If we expect the manufacturers and tracks and qsac to do it all, it would not be fair. We as racers need to get involved and promote, promote, promote. Bring your buddies that don't race to the track once and let them take a few laps, sometimes that is all it takes

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Contact Speed Tv, Spike, Outdoor Channel and see if there is a film crew in the area of a larger race. Spike has the show Horsepower TV, Speed TV has On the Edge and they feature racing not normally televised anymore(hill climbing, lawn mower, demo derby) Might be interesting to see if they would film during an NCS or other special race.

X-treme 4x4 on Spike just did some video on R/C Crawling using some Losi stuff. The whole show was just R/C

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Maybe should think of some sort of folder, spnsered by QSAC and paid for by the mfg of cars and aftermarket parts. 12 of them could be sent free to members when they receive there membership card. Clubs could receive several with there sanction papers, these could be given out at mall shows race tracks various places of promotion. RACO used to advertise in the program at the Knoxville Nationals as well as having a booth. Set up a table at your saterday night races. The Fort Dodge club sets up the same days as the airplane mall show, gives the show a little varity Have seen the same thing done in Mason City Ia Just a few ideas
Here is a folder we did a few years back. I passed out many at various locations such as Eldora speedway and at many sell swap and trade shows. I would set up a booth / table with cars and a video of races running. It would always draw a group of watchers. Was not there to sell only promote QSAC.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Here is a folder we did a few years back. I passed out many at various locations such as Eldora speedway and at many sell swap and trade shows. I would set up a booth / table with cars and a video of races running. It would always draw a group of watchers. Was not there to sell only promote QSAC.
That is a good Idea,if a few racers in their local area could get together,and set up a booth at some of the county fairs to promote our sport

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ways to promote ¼ scale racing what a great topic !
This forum is a good place to discus new and old ideas on ways that can work to get and
keep ¼ scales racing in the public eye? But is up to all of us.

I have been to NASCAR races at Auto Club Speedway and Irwindale raceway with Larry Cross where we setup a portable track and had big name drivers and crew people drive the cars. It drew huge crowds. I and others spoke with hundreds of people, handed out lots of literature, we also did route 66 on a few occasions, but did we gain many new members to ¼ scale racing? It’s hard to tell I don’t know!. I do know he spent a lot of money. Many of the other manufactures do much of the same to promote the sport, as they should they benefit just like we do some even make a little money, If we continue to support them I’m sure they will continue to spend time and money on promoting our sport, we need to realize they do not have the profit margin of the likes of HPI and others. I got a little off the point here and I am not trying to promote any one manufacturer. I would like to hear from anyone with ideas that have worked in the past or you think may work in the future. I would like to see each club recruit a marketing person (volunteer) that will share their ideas here with everyone.
Once we get someone to the track we need to work with them on how to become more successful and have fun not frustration, people like John Ferguson and Dennis Andrews and many others work wonders with newcomers to the sport
These are areas that require continual work and dedication from all of us.
Thanks to all the people that make this sport possible and Todd for the this topic and the tires
Bill Scott

·
Registered
325 Posts
Perhaps QSAC should have a committee made up of reps from accross the country that would be willing to head up and put together a promotions package or maybe a director of promotions Just a thought
RK

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Its ironic that you put up a picture of those today Fred, i mailed some of those to Jim Bell today to look at and try and update them and get some made for the exhibition race in Iowa in january. We will have a booth there also for that event. we will pass out buisiness cars, flyers, have a video to watch and a couple of cars to show. I was gona start a thread for this, but this is a good place for what we need.
If you guys have any recent Video that Jim doesnt have yet PLEASE SEND IT IN NOW...also you guys with the incar cameras please send all you have of that also, this video will take some time to put together so the sooner Jim gets it the better, remember he does all this as a volunteer in his free time. Jeff and myself burned up 8 hours of his time this past week, and then left him to the 10 hrs of work we had created for him to do on his own!! THANKS FOR WHAT YOU DO JIM!!!

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
I like the brochure. Gives mucho information using it like a pamplet. I've got one printed already for LPR/CCRC.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
when i was Pres. of the Great Lakes Club we had a flyer we use to handout at the track and diffrent events.I think i gave someone a copy of it at LPR a few years back.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I thought it was great that Chris K. went out of his way to help us get a article in RC Driver.

RC Driver has several photography/writers all over the country by regions. Maybe some of the hosting tracks/clubs could contact RC Driver when their up and coming bigger races where counts are high and ask them to do another small article on those events? Maybe we could get 2-3 or even more article exposures per year? RC Driver seems to be most interested in our hobby class, be kinda cool to help them help us grow?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Promotional idea

I have sent an e-mail to event person at Summit Racing to see If QSAC could set up a display at thier headquarters in Akron,Ohio. which is an awesome place for any race enthusist to visit,it is minutes away from Freddies Hobbies track. They support racing of all kind. They are a nationally known racing organization. Just think if we could put the qsac name next to an racing organization like that. Of course i would need the support of the Akron area locals,and some support from QSAC itself. I am thinking we could display cars,show some videos & photos pass out some flyers. Summit Racing sells stuff that can be used in Quarter Scale NGK plugs,1/4" rod ends,racing fuel cans and anything would need to get your vehicle or trailer to the track. Maybe there are other racing organizations we can contact. You know like start from the bottom and work our way up.Nascar may listen with other organizations on board. I hope something good comes of this. ;)

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.