Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
After 118 weeks in a row I decided I needed a break from Monster Model Review to catch up on some kits, but that doesn't mean I'm not promoting our favorite hobby in other ways. A couple weeks ago I put together a Art Gallery show for the Eau Claire Regional Arts Center, in Eau Claire WI. . It features original comic work by Marvel comic artist Steve Kurth and horror artist Andrew Ritchie and features model kits by Mike Wallace, Chris Gieke and myself. This is the 9th show including library shows I've put together over the years. You'd be surprised how easy it is to get shows and put them together. To see more, a cool local magazine shot a bunch of pictures at, http://volumeone.org/photos/albums/13/256.html
Talk to your local libraries and art centers, it really wasn't hard to convince them to display our kits especially around Halloween. During the Artist reception I got to talk to lots of people about our favorite Hobby and seamed to get a couple people really interested .
I'll be video taping the room and doing a episode on MMR sometime soon but till then I'm working fiendishly on more kits and episodes of MMR.
Happy Halloween
Rob
http://www.monstermodelreview.com/

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
A few years ago the Joliet Public Library had two full Display cases of model airplanes, showcasing the history of avaiation. The display was cool and if I was a little kid or even an adult I would have thought maybe building airplane models is something I would like to try! Also a year or two ago somone had a whole bunch of Marvel Super Hero busts and figures displayed at the New lenox Library. Those were probably Bowen done pcs. but again if I was a kid and knew models were available I might want to try to build one or a dozen. If you get the hobby some exposure like you have, I am sure we can pick up young people who would put down the Wii for a few hours to build kits!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Other than my older brother being a big influence, my grad school in the early 70's had a display case for models almost year round.....man seeing those cool cars and aircraft from the older kids always had me chomping at the bit for a weekend build!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts