Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a question about this car, a Promo Edition 1987 Buick Grand National done in 1996:

It has a sticker on the top that says Toy Time Exclusive. Does anyone have any info on this - is it rare, how much is it worth, etc? I have never seen this car before. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I have one of those!!! I dont know much about it, but I bought mine last October when I was in Denver, CO for a refrigeration class. I went to a toy show with CJTORINO and GO-GTO and scored tht one for $4

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
eyecandy said:
I bought mine last October when I was in Denver, CO for a refrigeration class.
HUH? What class is this? I know about refrigeration, thats how my beer stays cold! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Cool find!

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gncollectables said:
There were 2 variations for this car. The first one had diagonal looking rims with Firestone SS (white letter) tires & has a sticker on top that says Toy Time Exclusive. The second has 5 star spoke rims no lettering (& no sticker).

Both say only 5000 were made of each.

They pop up on e-bay every so often for $10-20.

There's a Turbo Regal Collectibles book that lists recent prices these diecasts (& other GN collectible items) have sold for, you can see it here: http://www.gncollector.com/books.html
Thanks for the info! I decided to put mine on E-Bay and got $14.99 Buy It Now right away. :thumbsup:

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
FastC6Vette said:
Thanks for the info! I decided to put mine on E-Bay and got $14.99 Buy It Now right away. :thumbsup:
I can't seem to locate that completed auction. What's your e_pay ID?

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Long Arm of the LAW said:
my friend had just sold one for $35 about 6 months ago

the really good one is the green 1 of 25
$35, wow! I'm happy with the $15.00 I got for it - not trying to get rich off it LOL! It does seem like a hard to find car though, never knew it existed until I found it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts